[Rejected] Support for SkyGo (Germany) (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

being a German Sky user, I would be interested in expanding the DRM support to SkyGo,

Sky's online media library SkyGo requires a browser and plays DRM-protected content either with HTML5 (Edge, Chrome) or Silverlight (IE). @Messiahs had created a plugin for MP1 some two years ago, which bridges between a GUI (credentials settings, media selection) and a full screen browser replay of the selected show.

MP1 thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/sky-go-de-neues-plugin.12

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Jason Pyke did a BrowserPlayer site in OV. It's implemented the same way as Amazon Prime, maybe it still works? (Probably not... and it might just be the uk site... but as inspiration maybe :p)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jason Pyke did a BrowserPlayer site in OV.
    Sky Go UK is reported as functioning. So I am wondering if it would be enough to simply exchange the website address go.sky.com for the UK by the German equivalent skygo.sky.de. The structure with movies, series, etc. is probably the same in all countries.

Unfortunately this is beyond my capabilities and I would need somebody with much more programming skills looking into the UK project. A good start would be to just provide a copy with the current UK content that is pointing to the German website.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard , can you point me in the right direction for taking a look at the SkyUk Site Util? Maybe we can simply exchange the URL to address the German SkyGo site for allowing its use uner MediaPortal 2.1

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the German SkyGo implementation is very different from the UK one and a simple exchange of the URLs is not working.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sky is discontinuing its browser services and the request is now obsolete. Sky customers now need to use the Sky app.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

as MP2 is a pure Windows solution would it be possible to integrate the respective Windows 10 App as a plugin for MP2? Some kind of proxy plugin that seamlessly invokes the official app? And after use returns to MP2 GUI? That could be done for Sky, Netflix, Amazon Video, Amazon Music and such and the development team could get rid of the task to always adjust respective parts of the Online Videos plugin. I mean the Windows 10 Apps are already there. And if people are using them already they anyways have a Microsoft Store account.

Just an idea.

Cheers

Blue Max

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    as MP2 is a pure Windows solution would it be possible to integrate the respective Windwos 10 App as a plugin for MP2?
    I looked at AppLauncher yesterday, which allows setting up your own tiles for calling an executable. One needs to enter the location of the respective executables. Windows apps are stored in a protected WindowsApps folder. The easiest way is probably to create a link on the desktop (easily done from the context menu in the start menu) and then enter the details of the link.

It would be more elegant though to have an own dedicated tile on the main Video (or even the TV) screen that replaces the OnlineVideo and hosts the tiles for the apps.

If we want to further discuss this, then please open a new thread - this one here will disappear into the archive ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The easiest way is probably to create a link on the desktop (easily done from the context menu in the start menu) and then enter the details of the link.
    Unfortunately that doesn't get me anywhere: this is not a standard link that one could use in other applications.

EDIT: It works. Simply use the Name of the newly added link, e.g. SkyGo and refer to it as SkyGo.lnk in the AppLaunche Settings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom