Support of AverMedia Trinity DVB-S/T card (1 Viewer)

JeanPijon

July 9, 2010
Hi I have this great TV card(formerly Aver A707), but I encounter problems, when I tried to change LNB via DiseqC.
As I found in documentation, this card is not fully supported by MediaPortal due to inconsistency in control diseqC commands by various vendors. As I can find in Mediaportal sources, there is some workarounds for a few cards, which runs DiseqC LNB changing quite well.

So I have contacted directly AverMedia corporation. After few messages with their heldesk crew they offers me help with support of AverMedia cards under MediaPortal. They have some kind of API, which can be used for controlling the whole card. They promissed me to give me necessary information to use their API properly (e.g like in ProgDVB).

Is here anybody, who can help me with implementation of this API, or wants to implement it on his own?

This card is really good piece of HW, and many users has it, so it would be quite good to make full support of it. (i presume, that this API will be useful also for the other AverMedia cards).

Regards
Jan

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Support of AverMedia Trinity DVB-S/T card

Hi Jean,

I already have done integrations for new TV cards, I can look into this one as well.

I send you a PM with details.

Morpheus_xx

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Any news on this topic ?

bumbac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi, thank you for focusing on this topic.
    Would it be possible to add also CI/CAM capability of this great card to the MediaPortal?

Thanx,
    bumbac

bumbac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Re: AW: Support of AverMedia Trinity DVB-S/T card

Hi Jean,

I already have done integrations for new TV cards, I can look into this one as well.

I send you a PM with details.

Morpheus_xx
    Hello Morpheus_xx and Jan,

I would like to ask you whether there is some progress in your plan to do a full integration of Avermedia Trinity TV-card to the Mediaportal (DiseqC and maybe CAM functionality). If not I'm about to ask Avermedia Corp to provide me an API and I will try to implement it in the Mediaportal. But if you are already communicating with Avermedia, I don't want to start redundant communication.

Regards,
    bumbac

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

unfortunately I never heard about this topic again after this post.

so please feel free to contact Avermedia :)

bumbac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Re: AW: Support of AverMedia Trinity DVB-S/T card

Hello Morpheus,

I have contacted the Avermedia Corp last week. Here is their answer:

"Thank you for your interest and willingness to support the integration of our products in the MediaPortal. We received this request previously, but in that time we weren't able to allocate sufficient resources.
    Anyway, we again sent your request to the competent sites in our company headquarters in Taiwan and as soon as possible you receive theirs conclusions."

I don't want to wait unspecified time for their answer so I have bought Technotrend S2 3200 with CI and I hope it will work with MP smoothly.

Anyway I will update this post in case I will receive any further information from Avermedia.

bumbac

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom