Suspend on Diashow (1 Viewer)

Messiahs

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

Picture/Diashow doesn't prevent Windows standby/suspend -> PC suspends during Diashow.
IMHO Diashow should act like playing a song (If you play a song during Diashow -> "Windows auto suspend" is disabled.).

Steps to Reproduce:
- configure Windows Power Saving settings (e.g. set to 1 min)
- disable PlugIn "PowerScheduler"
- start Diashow
- wait

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - disable PlugIn "PowerScheduler"
    That's the problem...

If you disable the PowerScheduler the system is going into idle status and is then sent into standby by Windows. Why did you deactivate the PS?

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "IMHO Diashow should act like playing a song".... or I don't see the difference ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It does - but only if you keep the PS active. Otherwise MePo is not signaling the activity to Windows.

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... but why signaling the activity to Windows if i'm playing a song (without enabled PS) ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows is acting on user interaction only. If you don't press a key it will go into standby after the defined timeout. Contrary to what you may think playing a song or showing a picture is not a user interaction.

Frankly, all you have to do is to keep the PS active. What's the issue in doing it?

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HTPC_Sourcer
    thank you for the solution... but the question why playing a song and playing a diashow act in a different way is still open.
    I could understand to activate a plugin (PS) if music and picture act the same way.... but they doesn't, Perhaps there is a reason for that... but i can't see it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One would need to look into the rewspective windows processes that are involved. Without doing this, the display of a picture is nothing different than the display of anything else, e.g. the desktop or a programme frame. How could the OS distinguish this, hence picture display will not signal activity. Playing music is slightly different

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom