svhs quality problem (1 Viewer)

scotstrength

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Prague
Hello all, after much fiddling and researching i know that to get all the channels i subscribe to i have to use a svhs cable from the stb to the capture card. After managing to do this my picture is running slow. What i mean is in my tv the actual quality is pretty good but the actual movement on screen seems to be delayed. The characters are moving slower than the conventional stb to tv picture. If there is some fast movement the picture actually blurs/ghosts slightly. To be honest there is no way you could watch it comfortably.
Is it possible to improve this picture or is this one of the inherent probs with svhs?

SPECS

MP 0.2.3.0
geforce 8500gt
amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+
viesonic vx2835wm
scientific atlanta explorer 4200
cablevision USA - CT
2gb pc3200 ddr memory
foxconn winfast 6150bk8mc MB
Hauppauge pvr150.

I am connected to the viewsonic with a dvi-hdmi cable if that makes a difference .

thanks

scotstrength

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try hitting "!" when viewing. You will then get some useful info.
    What decoder are you using for TV? Best (IMO) is to use some kind of DXVA capable decoder, like CyberLink (you could DL the trial and see for yourself)

scotstrength

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Prague
    svhs picture quality

I am using the built in media portal MPV decoder, i have tried the other built in ones but they were worse. I will try the cyberlink trial, do you recomend any others? Should the svhs be roughly the same quality as the coaxial or should i expect slight degredation?

regards
    scotstrength

Ok just went to the cyberlink website....which trial should i be downloading??
    help!
    scotstrength

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom