SVN Snapshots reqs? (1 Viewer)

sebrock

September 14, 2006
Is it possible to install a SVN-snapshot with 0.2.0.4? Or does it have to be 0.2.0.0? I currently have the first installed and I dont feel like doing all the settings again. Any thoughts on this? Or should one wait for a stable release?

And one should backup the MediaPortal folder I quess ;)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
backup your 0.2.0.4 installation and try it, I have had svns on 0.2.0.0 fail so who knows you may be lucky. If it don't work delete the svned MP and copy the old one back.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The next time you install 0.2.0.0, copy out that directory and call it something. This way you will always have a clean install of 0.2 Mess around with stuff and when you want to install a new SVN file... copy out your old directory, move in the fresh install and install the SVN file.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is it possible to install a SVN-snapshot with 0.2.0.4? Or does it have to be 0.2.0.0?
    you must not install an svn build over a stable build!

we allready encountered very weird issues in this situation.
    it can work, but it is not supposed to. testresults will be rated as unreliable in this case.

Best way to test an SVN build is to apply it to a clean, not configured MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 installation.

and yes, i know that this means much work during the testing process. ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The next time you install 0.2.0.0, copy out that directory and call it something. This way you will always have a clean install of 0.2 Mess around with stuff and when you want to install a new SVN file... copy out your old directory, move in the fresh install and install the SVN file.
    this will not work, because it is possible that an svn build is registering new *.dll/*.ax files.

i have written a very detailed guide in the wiki howto: test nightly svn builds

sebrock

September 14, 2006
    Ok, thanks for the reply.

I have just finished configured my MP. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work correct, but now it seemes fine. Would be a bitch to have to reconfigure everything again.

So is it possible to have 2 versions of MP on the same machine (i.e. one 0.2.0.4 and one SVN in different catalogs) or will this in some way cause trouble? There is no registry involved here right?
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom