Swedish language scraper support (1 Viewer)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
  • Support for localized titles for the supported foreign languages, including rename system to group titles, based on English database series prefix and localized subtitle.

Most of the reasons for why I should want to use this plugin is not true for me. However since filmtipset.se scraper does not seem to be updated recently and the score is not working anymore for filmtipset.se and you actually are using filmtipset for swedish summary I gave it a go.

However I prefer to have swedish titles for movies when available (for english movies as well). Mostly for all my kid movies.

I tried different settings but no luck. I suppose this is not a feature supported yet due to the topic above.

Have I understood this correctly or are there some setting I have missed.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.3

I am working on 'proper' support for foreign titles, however you can trick the current system to some degree.

• Original Title = OFF
    • Country Filter = Add Sweden to the list, so "us|ca|gb|ie|au|nz|se"
    • Language Filter = Add Swedish to the list, so "en|sv"

NOTE: The virtual keyboard doesn't support |, so it will show '.' (dots)

This should in theory give you Swedish titles when imdb.com has a Swedish title available. It only works for when imdb.com shows you the title in your language when you go to imdb.com.

For example if I visit: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009), I get:

• Title = The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009)
    • Original Title = Män som hatar kvinnor (original title)

But you looking at the exact same page from Sweden are probably getting:

• Title = Män som hatar kvinnor (2009)

If that is the case, then accepting 'sv' as language and 'se' as country, will make my scraper accept that title as if it was an English one. It will then still "translate" other foreign movies into English, such as the Dutch movie "Zwartboek".

And hopefully I'll get proper support working, which will rely on the localized title from the Filmtipset.se site for proper Swedish titles.

I tried this now and I don't get it to work.

I tried it for example on Hangover which are listed as

Title: Baksmällan (2009)
    Original title: The Hangover (original title)

when I browse IMDB.
    But I still get "The Hangover I" Swedish title is present as alternate title in movpic database.

I guess I stick with updated filmtipset for now. The idea for IMdb+ is not really to keep localized movie title but I might try it when it is working from scratch.
    I do however like the grouping of series!

Very good job anyway!

However since filmtipset.se scraper does not seem to be updated recently and the score is not working anymore for filmtipset.se and you actually are using filmtipset for swedish summary I gave it a go.

You can find an updated scraper for filmtipset here - Issue 1045 - moving-pictures - Filmtipset.se.xml update

Thanks! I was not aware this was updated. I assumed updated scraper made it to the updated movpic andnot only the issue tracker.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I tried it for example on Hangover which are listed as

Title: Baksmällan (2009)
    Original title: The Hangover (original title)

But I still get "The Hangover I"

I do however like the grouping of series!

You answered your own question :D

The Swedish title is found, but then at the very end the rename database finds a match and overwrites the title with the rename database entry to group movie series together.

So please disable the rename system and you 'should' be getting Swedish titles.

I do plan to make grouping also work with a mix of English and in your case Swedish titles, so you would get "The Hangover I: Baksmällan".

But those improvements, as well as proper Swedish title support are on the ToDo list, so hopefully I get to it this week, or soon thereafter.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I suspected it was the series renaming system that could be the problem so I tested another movie which is not a serie.
    The Rescuers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076618/
    I get the info
    Title: Bernad och Bianca (swedish title)
    Original title: The Rescuers

But the movie was not give a swedish title.
    I also tried the hangover with renaming turned off and it was now "The Hangover" instead of "The Hangover I"
    So something is not working. But as I said I have now updated filmtipset so it works for me for now. However I am eager to test when you have localized support and grouping.... sounds very promising!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

The Rescuers Bernard und Bianca - Die Mäusepolizei (1977) - IMDb
    I get the info
    Title: Bernad och Bianca (swedish title)
    Original title: The Rescuers

It's been a long time since I looked at that part of the scraper-script code, so forgot that the akas subdomain is used for the retrieval.

So please visit: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0076618/ and grab me the HTML source code the way you get it, and then paste this at http://paste2.org/ so I can have a look at it more closely.

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

But the movie was not give a swedish title.

Ok, vuego was kind enough to assist me in debugging why it failed, and reason is indeed that IMDb forces the English title via the 'akas' subdomain, even when you are in Sweden and have "sv-SE" setup as preferred language.

He's testing a full refresh right now, and when it works, I'll commit IMDb+ scraper-script v3.3.4, so that everybody will auto-update. The change is small in that when you select a non-English language in the language options, it will rely on "www" for the "title". So then if your system uses the correct language at browser level, it will work.

I made a quick test script: http://blixy.net/mp/language-test

MovingPictures uses the .NET framework which uses the same method of Internet Explorer, so be sure to test with that browser (it is easy to change the setting in FireFox, so can not rely on it to be the same).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.4

Ok, v3.3.4 is now released.

Within the next 24 hours since your system last checked (check the date+time in hidden menu) it will download and install this new version automatic.

It's a small fix that will now use the foreign title when the foreign language is selected.

Keep in mind that if you plan to refresh your existing collection to enable the "Refresh all of the fields" setting (otherwise title update is skipped) and to disable the "Rename titles...." setting which would otherwise overwrite the foreign title again.

This will (well it should), show any English movie title in your native language (for the foreign languages that are supported). To also keep movies created in your own country, you have to add your language and country to the respective filter options.

For Swedish this would result in "en|sv" for language and "us|ca|gb|ie|au|nz|se" for country. To find out what codes are needed for your country, locate a movie in your language at the IMDb website.

In my example I'll take the yet unsupported Dutch language:

Movie page = Black Book (Zwartboek)

Scroll down to the 'details', which will look like:

Code:
    Details
    Official Sites:Official site [Netherlands] | Official site [United States] | See more » 
    Language:Dutch | German | English | Hebrew

Hover over the "Country" link, which will show you "country/nl" and do the same for "Language" to get "language/nl". In this case you would add ".nl" to both country and language options as they happen to be the same (usually different).

PS: I hope to get functional Dutch support added before or during this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom