Swedish users - what are my options watching TV with MP in the future? (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well, he is using Mediacenter (I have never managed to convince him to change). One of the reasons he opted for Canal+ is that they don't pair... His plan is to have a quad LNB and two STBs (for theTVs not close to the HTPC) and two for the HTPC. He just got all the stuff so I guess it will take him a few more days before everything works as he plans.

If his plan works as expected I might also swap to a similar solution, but with a TV-server in the basment and a good client close to the tv (those clients seems problematic though. I tried an Acer Aspire Revo L70, quiet and worked with MPs tv-server but stuttered while showing streaming online content (from headweb) so I returned it)

Ok, interesting please if you could keep me updated on the progress of this... So Canal+ don't pair at all do they? Or is it dependent of what CAM you buy?
You say STB... What PC-Tuner are you using for this?

Also I see in your system specs J-B-N that you have one of those BlackGold DVB-T2 - can you confirm that only SVT HD is working with that card (even if TV4 HD imho should be free as well, since HDTV will be the new SDTV in the future. Especially when 4KHD arrives...)?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok, interesting please if you could keep me updated on the progress of this... So Canal+ don't pair at all do they? Or is it dependent of what CAM you buy?

From what I understand they don't pair right now at least. Noone knows what will happen in the future of course.

Also I see in your system specs J-B-N that you have one of those BlackGold DVB-T2 - can you confirm that only SVT HD is working with that card (even if TV4 HD imho should be free as well, since HDTV will be the new SDTV in the future. Especially when 4KHD arrives...)?

I am very pleased with the BlackGold card. It does an excellent job decoding SVT HD but I can't watch TV4 HD. In the long run I guess you are right - most SDTV channels will vanish and in order to do that they most switch to new technology.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

From what I understand they don't pair right now at least. Noone knows what will happen in the future of course.

Ok, what about your brother what PC-Tuner is he using for MediaCenter? (You said STB and 2 LNBs for MediaCenter)? Or did I get it wrong?

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks, for the information, would be nice to hear how it eventually works. I noticed the TBS6981 cards don't have CAM support? Is he only planning watching FTA channels on those?

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.

I have a very similar problem, we're moving to a house where Boxer will be one of few options.

For us it is not certainly not an option to lose MediaPortal so how will we take advantage of what Boxers HD channels?

We still want to watch and record, preferably in HD so what to use?

Here's my idea:
    http://www.netonnet.se/art/tv-och-b...moduler/dilog-boxermodulcidvb-t2/144675.3156/
    A Boxer CAM with CI+ support 349:- SEK
    An external (found no internal with ci-slot) DVB-T2 tuner, Anysee E7 T2C. price range from 1650:- SEK

will this work in MediaPortal and will we be able to watch and record HD channels?

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As far as I know there are no CI+ compatible DVB cards out there...

If you check earlier in this thread where we discuss this you will see it is not possible at the moment to have HDTV channels, except for FTA channels (svt hd).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom