Switching from "MCE Remote" to EventGhost (1 Viewer)

CGT

Portal Pro
January 8, 2012
Hi,

so far, I was using my Harmony 300 as an MCE remote in MediaPortal. I customized many of the input signals through the input mapping in the config screen.

Now, I am in the process of switching to EventGhost/EventGhost Plus and realized that there is a different screen for input mappings. Is there a simple way how I can transfer my configuration? I configured EventGhost in a way that the remote shut look pretty much the same to MediaPortal. Actually, I was hoping that I could just leave the check mark for using an MCE remote...

CGT

Portal Pro
January 8, 2012
Alright, I figured it out:

Step 1:
Find the xml-file that was used for the Microsoft MCE, i.e. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Microsoft MCE.xml

Step 2:
Deactivate "Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard" in the Confoguratio - Remote menu.

Step 3:
Find the xml-file used by EventGhostPlus, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\EventGhostPlus.xml

Step 4:
Now, you cannot simply rename the "Microsoft MCE.xml" because EventGhost adds a whole new section called "Replacement driver buttons". What you have to do is to change the lines in "EventGhostPlus.xml" so that the are the same as in your old "Microsoft MCE.xml". Keep the "Replacement driver buttons"-section! You can use an IDE like Eclipse to do that if you are a programmer or use www.diffnow.com.

___

The only difference between "before and after" I encountered so far is the fact that keeping an arrow button pressed won't keep the screen moving but I suppose this is due to the replacement driver. Anyway, you can configure this through EventGhost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom