Completed T.I.B. II - ION HTPC Client + Media Server (1 Viewer)

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Media Portal is basic part of my audio video system. I use a central server based on the standard PC and standard operating system (Windows XP Pro) - standard I mean that I don't use special server OS edition, because our (me and my family) demand to server functions aren't so big to be necessary buy special one. On the server (I say Media Server) is Media Portal Server installed. There is a lot of other specific SW installed too - uTorrent client, download manager, ... Each client has specific applications for exploitation of all server's functions.

We have the one dedicate client (HTPC) in the living room (see bellow) and more standard PC (daugther's - IBM Thinkpad with Windows XP home, wife's PC - Acer Aspir One 1410 with Windows 7 and two my PCs - IBM Thinkpad W500 with Windws XP Pro and desktop Asus Barebone Pundit PH1-AH2 with Windows XP Pro). On all these PC's is Media Portal Client installed.

ION HTPC Client

Yes, I know that I wrote ...client part has completed..., but I needed Aopen case from my HTPC setup in another project and when I want to buy another one I got a message that production of this case was ended. Therefore I returned to my previous idea - hidden HTPC client.

1. HTPC client in Aopen case removal and netbook Acer temporary using - BTW, netbook as HTPC client works prefect!

jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture577-netbook.jpg

2. Case M350 + Digitus holder (VESA 100x100) installation + cabel setup

jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture575-holder.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture571-case.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture572-case2.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture569-cables.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture570-cables2.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture578-ready.jpg

3. HTPC setup - Zotax motheboard (Atom 330 + ION) + 2,5" HDD + 2GB RAM + 6cm fan with Airen regulator

jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture576-htpc.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture573-finish.jpg

4. DVD-RW Sony Optiarc slim-line + external slim case SATA/USB + remote control Logitech Harmonny One + IR/USB receiver at the bottom side of TV

jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture574-harmony.jpg

FINIS CORONAT OPUS

jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture579-fco-i.jpg
    jiro-albums-t-i-b-picture580-fco-ii.jpg

Detail description

HW:
    Case: M350
    PSU: Zotac Brick + integrated DC PS on the MoBo
    MoBo: Mini-iTX Zotac ION A
    Proc: Atom 330 + GPU ION
    RAM: Kingstone DDR II 800MHz 2x1GB
    HDD: System WD 1x160GB (Windows + MP Client works on 32MB partition only - in the future I want change WD HD to SSD)
    DVD-RW: 1x Sony Optiarc, Slim, Slot-in + external case SATA/USB
    Remote control: Receiver IR/USB + Logitech harmony One

SW:
    Windows 7 Pro
    Media Portal Client 1.2.0 Beta
    Event Ghost

Media Server

Detail description

HW:
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel 9 Economy
    PSU: Chieftec Green Angel 350W
    MoBo: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
    Proc: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e 2300 MHz
    RAM: Kingstone DDR II 800MHz 2x1GB
    HDD System: 1x 2,5" Patriot SSD 32GB + internal frame 2x 2,5" HDD in the 5,25" position
    HDD Record: 1x 2,5" WD AV 500GB (in the internal frame)
    HDD Timeshift: 8GB CF card + adapter IDE/CF
    HDD Data: WD 1x500GB, WD 3x1TB + intenal frame 1x 3,5" in the 5,25" position (prod.Welland ME751)
    TV Receivers: LEADTEK WinFast DTV2000DS PCI, dual DVB-T tuner, HDTV, H.264

SW:
    Windows XP Pro
    Media Portal Server 1.2.0 Beta
    uTorrent
    Free Rapid Downloader
    MCEBuddy

RubenD

Portal Member
    January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice solution, one tipe:

Make a small bracket to the underside of the cabine top, just above the books and insert the optiarc and usb hdd in that slot, even more stealth!
    But looks great already.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Make a small bracket to the underside of the cabine top, just above the books and insert the optiarc and usb hdd in that slot, even more stealth!

Good idea. Or another solution - back side of Tv and double-sided adhesive tape. I tried it and it did not look bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom