T.V full screen hangs??? (1 Viewer)

greenhell

November 13, 2007
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I have been through the tv wizard and got the tv signal working when i click into the tv section of media portal. This then brings up the little window, i can see the tv signal fine. Everytime i try and make it go full screen though or even just slightly bigger the picture just stalls. I can still hear the audio but the picture doesnt re-size back and most the time i have to ctrl alt del to stop the program. Any help would be most appreciated. I have whatever the latest version of mediaportal is.

Thanks

Santy

Portal Pro
September 4, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I used to have the same problem. Found that it only happened when the TV was playing.

To get around it just turn the TV off when you're going to full screen or come out of it and go to the main menu. Also, if you've got a widescreen monitor, make sure you're using a skin for widescreen (e.g. BlueTwo Wide).

Hope that helps

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I know it has *something* to do with the fact that MP uses DirectX... so it is "normal".

fryrpc

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
The current SVN appears to turn off the TV when going in and out of full screen mode to get round this problem.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    fryrpc

Glad you are getting that effect as well, seems some people are having this happen, some are not, just now got to narrow it down why.

ps. are you a Vista user by any chance using EVR.

Cheers

greenhell

November 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've found that turning the t.v off doesnt help going into full-screen. I am getting it to work but only like 1 in 5 tries. I have no problems with doing the same thing in my XP media centre tv. The quality of my picture seems much better using mediaportal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom