Tag editing for music files within MP (1 Viewer)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Just wondering why there isn't (at least I didn't find) a possibility to change music Tags on the fly in MP.
For example:

LeAnn Rimes is showed as artist for some music files, some others have Leann Rimes, it would be nice to select in Artist view the artist, hit the 'i' button on the remote and change the artist name for this bunch of music files in the database and in the music files itself..

Same for album names and other tags. Can it be possible to change an individual file or a group of files (depending on the selection)

Why I'm asking this you will wonder, there are great MP3 tagging software available. Well, always when I think all my tags are in order and rescanned the database. I will enter MP again and while browsing the list I'll always discover a tiny glitch, wich would be so nice to correct within the MP interface in stead of closing MP, starting some tagging software, change the tags, starting mp config, rescanning files, starting mp again and see if the problem is solved.

I can remember (years ago ;-) ) in windows MCE there was a possibility to do the same, i think even with the 'i' button on the MCE remote.

Well, can someone correct me if i'm wrong and didn't notice this functionality in MP already. Or else, are more people missing this functionality. If nobody needs this, then i can live without this functionality. If everyone likes to have this, well, then it's maybe a good idea for the devs to look at this.

see the attached pictures for examples.
In album view, it would be nice to change 21.. ways to Grow --> 21.. ways to grow.
In Artist view, it would be nice to change all the underlying files the tag '10 CC' --> '10cc'

Off-thread: notice the artist view is showing album art in stead of artist art. I didn't discover this is a skin or mymusic thing.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Previously it was simply not possible, because we didn't want to enhance our own Tagreader to write Tags.
    Now with 0.2.3 we swicthed to taglib#, which has support for tag writing.

Now having this available, we will have the possibility to add such a feature.
    However it is not available yet and needs some time to implement.
    Put it on my list, but can't promise when i get it done.

thanks for the input

btw: looking at the list of artists, it looks like browsing my own collection :)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great it's on your list. For me, it's not urgent have this implemented yet, stability goes before features, but I think it would be a nice feature to have in the future.

Thanks for helping making MP such a wonderfull piece of software!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom