Tagline HTML character problem (1 Viewer)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
The Tagline on my movies show rubbish with the new 3.3.0.
Bad Teacher: She doesn't give an "F."
The Beaver: He's here to save Walter's life.
Win Win: In the game of life, you can't lose 'em all.

Does this have to do with the scraper or MovingPictures(1.2.3.1329)?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.0

The Tagline on my movies show rubbish with the new 3.3.0.
    Bad Teacher: She doesn't give an "F."
    The Beaver: He's here to save Walter's life.
    Win Win: In the game of life, you can't lose 'em all.

Does this have to do with the scraper or MovingPictures(1.2.3.1329)?

:sorry: It has to do with imdb.com changing their HTML code once again (when will they stop :mad:).

This was already brought to my attention and has been fixed in the v3.3.1 that I'm working on, but I didn't think it was this widespread already (so far it was a rare case on "Toy Story", and only when you refreshed many times as the movie has multiple taglines).

However I'm pleased to announce that the development of the plugin to get an auto-update system is almost done (with major C# coding help from down-under). There are a just few minor kinks to be solved, but I expect release later today (Tuesday) or in worst case the day after. If you are impatient, and know how to compile, then you can grab the SVN source of the IMDb+ plugin and compile your own MPEI beta-package, but I did not publish the v3.3.1 scraper yet, so you still need to wait then :cool:

So please bare with me as I want to focus on getting the plugin tested and ready as soon as possible, so nobody has to ever manually install :mad: the IMDb+ scraper script anymore. :D:D:D:D

The following will become reality then:

• Plugin will automatically download and install the latest IMDb+ scraper script into MovingPictures, there will be an option to disable the auto part, so that you can manually decide to update, but who would want to :cool:
    • The new MPEI package will move your existing "C:\*.xml" files to the new "(MediaPortal Data Folder)\IMDb+" location
    • Plugin will update any existing and future IMDb+ scraper script to point to this new locations so that everything remains functional
    • MPEI package will create a shortcut to the "(MediaPortal Data Folder)\IMDb+\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" file (on desktop or inside start menu, haven't decided yet), so that adding/editing any custom rename entries will be easy to do. In a future plugin release you will get the option to add new entries via the GUI, or rename existing ones.
    • By default plugin will check for scraper-script updates on startup and every 24 hours after that. The time will be configurable in hours, as to not overload the server with everybody doing their update check.
    • If the IMDb+ scraper script is not installed yet, then it will be added automatic and you will have the option inside the plugin to force any existing movie scraped by the default imdb.com scraper to start using the IMDb+ scraper. (no more need to edit scraper script ID+name to fool MovingPictures, it will all be done correct at database level).
    • Scraper script is getting a few updates to improve auto-approval rates. (might push that to v3.3.2 since the new plugin will take care of auto-updating the scraper-scripts anyway)

SVN Skin support for new plugin is available for aMPed and StreamedMP, as well as the Default and DefaultWide skins that are included with the MPEI package. If you have a skin that does not yet support the new IMDb+ plugin, simply copy the IMDb+.xml skin file from Default or DefaultWide into your skin folder. It will at least function then, so that you can use the plugin, while asking the developer of your skin to add support via their forum thread.

Big milestone for the IMDb+ scraper, as automatic script-updates has been a dream of mine ever since I got involved with the MovingPictures scraper system. Once everything works good, I'm going to be looking into making the update and option system universal for other scraper scripts, but for now the focus lies with IMDb+.

Once the plugin works well for at least a dozen users, I'm going to also request placement in the MediaPortal repository, so that you will be able to install the IMDb+ plugin via the MediaPortal Extension Installer config, as well as the MPEI GUI plugin for a true couch experience.

:D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom