Taskbar Icon that shows if MP is recording or not. (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    We now have the feature to leave MP running but minimized to the taskbar. I think this was added because of people missing recordings. They also wanted to be able to keep MP running while doing other tasks on their PC. I noticed I am able to shut down MP while recording a show without any problems. It would be nice to have the little icon show that there is a show recording. I just noticed that if you are IN MP and have it set up to totally exit without minimizing it pops up a warrning. It would be nice to have a box pop up within windows that shows this also.

What do you guys thing?

bigajm

August 29, 2006
    "Next scheduled event" tooltip

Similarly, I'd love MP to offer a tooltip bubble on its system tray icon, which would tell me the time of the next scheduled recording event.

I run MP on my main desktop PC, and usually power the machine down overnight.

It would be great if there were a quick way of checking when the next scheduled recording is due to start, so I'd know whether I could turn safely the PC off for the next few hours. At the moment I've got to go into the Scheduled Recording option and work it out myself.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Maybe this feature could be added to Frodo's new TV engine. Becuase the tv engine will be running as a service, I am going to assume that it will have an icon in the task bar. When the service is recording, it could fade in and out red or something. Also, when you hold your mouse over the icon, the little Tip window would come up and display your next record time.

Just a thought.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does MP not have a feature that is easily accessible to show you it's "To Do" list (I'm used to something like this in TiVo ATM and find it very handy)?

bigajm

August 29, 2006
    Maybe this feature could be added to Frodo's new TV engine. Becuase the tv engine will be running as a service, I am going to assume that it will have an icon in the task bar. When the service is recording, it could fade in and out red or something. Also, when you hold your mouse over the icon, the little Tip window would come up and display your next record time.

Just a thought.

I agree - it seems a great shame to have a static system tray icon, when it could change colour or whatever and convey some useful information.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't want to cloud this topic with this subject, but I asked in the new freenode IRC channel and rtv has stated that MP DOES have the "To Do" or similar functionality already.

It's in:

MyTV - "Scheduled"

I apologize if this is incorrect. I need to get my OS and MP installed before I can even verify this visually. BIOS chip arrived today so I'll get to install MP for the first time!

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Would be nice if a popup could open if a recording is in progress with a confirmation to exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom