TBS-6922 diseq not working

Discussion in 'TV-Cards' started by bluebear, October 24, 2011.

1. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi!

Just installed a TBS-6922. I used my old scanned channels and mapped it to the TBS card.
    They were scanned with LNB A set to AA and LNB B set to AB.
    Unfortunately diseq is not working. Do I need to rescan with diseq set to simple or is this a known problem
    with this card? The thread here might be the same for my card.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/tbs-6984-quad-tuner-dvb-s-s2-pcie-card-review-98757/index4.html

Edit:
    Tried with dvbviewer and the diseqc switching works without problem. AA / AB and very fast scanning. So its a mediaportal problem.

Regards,
    bluebear.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. raintree_county

raintree_county Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    China China
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi!

My switch is a 2/1 Switch labeled:
    Triax DiSEqC 2/1 Switch (Position Tonebrust) Standard
    Art no. 300.502

Its a pretty basic standard switch. Found a link here: Triax DiSEqC 2/1 Switch (Position Tonebrust) Standard
    Art no. 300.502

Edit:
    Ok i don´t now what I did, but its working now.
    Thanks raintree_county. Really good service I have to say.
    That was the reason i went TBS, thanks.

Edit 2:
    No, its not working. I will post logs. Seems like Mediaportal recognized the BDA tuner as conexant, as I am aware this card is SAA7160.

Ok here is the logs.

I made two separate logs.
    The AA scan is on "wrong LNB" as it is already set on AB. Mediaportal sends the wrong disqC codes and therefore
    I find no channels.

The AB scan is OK, but thats because the diseq is already set on the "right LNB" and scans accordingly.

I think we have the same problem as with the TBS-6984 and it is Mediaportal related as it works great with DVBViewer.

Edit 3:
    I tested the different tvlibrary.dll that mm1352000 patched to fix the problem for TBS-6984. With the latest ones I am able
    to scan the LNBs properly I believe. But the only channel working are the ones that corresponds to the last LNB scanned.
    So LNB switching does not work outside channel scan.

Cheers,
    bluebear.

Attached Files:

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bluebear

Let's get really specific here.
    1. What satellites are you receiving and which ports should they be found on?
    2. Which TVLibrary DLL did you try?

If LNB switching works in channel scanning then it should also work for TV viewing. There is no difference in the logic. I'm guessing that your switch may need the DiSEqC commands to be sent twice or something like that...

mm

6. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi mm1352000!

1. LNB A (sat 1) is 0.8W Thor 3,5,6 Intelsat 10-02
    LNB B (sat 2) is 4.8E NSS 5 Sirius 4

2. I tried all of them in the 6984 thread. I tried them again and made some logs provided here. I have tried to switch LNB with a
    channel tune and channel scan. I was guessing the procedure should be same for both and believe it or not but I don´t seem to be able to reproduce my last claims. It will not switch LNB regardless of the tvlibrary.dll´s I have tried, and that follows logic.

I tried both ways anyhow as you see in the log names and I tried to switch to LNB B. I also tried the noname but the result was the same as with send_twice and send_always.

If I switch LNB with Dvbviewer It scans as it should.

Cheers,
    Bluebear

7. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bluebear

Big apologies for the delay in response. I have had a very busy month! I'm posting to tell you about the patch that I've posted -->here<--. I hope the new tone burst support will fix the DiSEqC issues that you had with the 6922 so I'd really encourage you to test. I need your feedback. ;)

mm

8. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you mm1352000!!!
    This is still early testing, but by the looks of it it seems very promising. Good work.
    I´m now testing the tvlibrary.dll.exp.

I´ll post later with a more detailed report.

Cheers,
    bluebear.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!