TBS6980 - DVB-S/S2 tuning issue with DiseqC (1 Viewer)

Fabrix67

Portal Member
February 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi @ll,

I posted following note on a new Thread in Hardware Section, but no one answered/helped me, may be someone could here, so that's the story:

I bought a TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S/S2 pci-e card. I've a tipical single LNB SAT configuration, with Diseqc intended in the way Universal LNB needs to use 22KHz signal to switch between low and high HV. Well, with DVBDream the cards works really well, good sensitivity as well good quality. Using TBS provided BDA.DEV driver, I was able to scan and get all channels (free and scrambled) on Hotbird.

Coming on MediaPortal TVServer, i started with first issues, since the card was only able to get channels on transponders on HV low freqs. After several tests, i understood there's something related the way MediaPortal interact with TBS driver and NLBSWitch 22KHz signal.

Infact, if I first tune DVBDream on desidered transponder, I'm able to scan also Sky channels on HV high freqs, and memorize them. when I close DVBDream, MP TVServer is not anymore able to lock any signal, neither for already scanned channels or new transponders/channels.

I believe it's strictly related to LNBSW 22KHz signal, and BDA Driver, as I already shared with TBS support:

"Well, regarding TBS6980, I can suggest it’s an issue (driver?) related to piloting of H/V. in fact, if I first use DVBDream scan (transponder or whatever) and then MP TVServer, it’s able to scan or block signal on the same freqs. Otherwise, MP TVServer it’s not able to drive the positioning, even if all the parameters for the channel are correct (I verified against DVBDream). As the card is the same, the only difference it’s in the driver: DVBD uses BDA.dev, MP TV uses Windows BDA."

I know TBS guys are getting already in contact with MP's, I guess if some one else has the same issue.

Ciao

Fabrizio

PS: My HTPC: i5, Ati 5750, Win7 64bit, 2,5" * Raid0, AverMedia Dual DVB-T, TBS 6980 dual DVB-S2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom