Tearing Problem, possible solution (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have not actually used this product, but was reading about your problem with "tearing", just a quick thought, did you turn on vertical sync?, this is what normally causes this as windws does not wait for the next refresh before drawing the next frame.

I probarby will never be back here again, just passing through :D
I am a linux man myself.

A

Anonymous

Man you must be thinking that all Windows developers are stupid! :-D

Consider the following:
- If it was a vsync problem then you should have the same tearing problem in Overlay
- There are only two applications on the whole planet which do tearing free VMR9
- We put it on the frontpage of the website

You still think it is a simple vsync problem? :)

And please keep coming by, because MP is worth it!

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using the "start MP in fullscreen" option in configuration or using ALT+ENTER to go to full screen is enough to have tearing free VMR9.

A

Anonymous

Strange: in overlay i dont have any tearing.

But in VMR 9 still with version 1.04 i have tearing...

I tried avi and DVD. Still the same. Vsync is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g. in travel or nature documentaries) Horizontal "ticker tape" news feeds (e.g. "Sky News" channel) Vertically scrolling programme credits (e.g. "Mock the Week") I originally had my Nvidia screen-config set...
    Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g...
    Tinkering with using MadVR. I'm still running a 1080p TV, but have plenty of old DVD rips that I haven't updated yet, and my next...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Problems with DRR DE
    Bugreports for 1.23 Look - MP1.23 Temporary Bugfixes - Test
    Bugreports for 1.23 Look - MP1.23 Temporary Bugfixes - Test
    I spent a day with the following problem and found source/solution of/for the problem - but the bug report link is dead. So maybe...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is the solution. Problem: The video playback seems not to be started, the picture comes approx. 30 seconds after the sound is coming. Not out of sync but very late. If you stop the playback in this time it...
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
    Replies
    Views
    Anyone have any idea what may be causing this error? A window pops up asking me to Continue or Quit. MP still is operating behind this window as if nothing was wrong, except for the spinning 'Wait' wheel. If I click "Continue", my GPU usage (as seen via Windows 10 Task Manager) goes through the roof, and the spinning 'Wait' wheel...
    Anyone have any idea what may be causing this error? A window pops up asking me to Continue or Quit. MP still is operating behind...
    Anyone have any idea what may be causing this error? A window pops up asking me to Continue or Quit. MP still is operating behind...
    Replies
    Views
    @Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other page in the Wiki which describes it in every detail. The page with the missing information is the first hit in Google and the Wiki when searching for "mediaportal add media sources", this should help...
    @Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other...
    Hi there, I had some free time at hand and I wanted to give MP2 another chance after about 5 years. In the past I tried out the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom