Technical Sheets to Cineview CI Support for KNC One (1 Viewer)

patos

Portal Member
November 5, 2004
After reading this Post from Frodo: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3953&start=0
I thought I could just go ask KNC if they were willing to hand out some information about their Cineview CI Modules for their DVB-S card.

Well, they would probably hand out those sheets but want to know to whom they are giving information. Here is the answer I received from their tech support:

Sehr geehrter Herr .....,

Für eine Übermittlung entwicklungstechnischer Informationen benötigen wir eine aussagekräftige Selbstdarstellung sowie entsprechende Referenzen.

Translation: "For sending any technical and development Information we would need a meaningful selfpresentation and references" (they meant you are supposed to tell them in which area you work/programme and how qualified you are)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Frank Schwede
Coordination Produkt Service
KNC ONE GmbH
Research & Development
service01@knc1.com

Well, since I am just a helper (maybe even beta-tester hehe) and no programmer, you could be interested in contacting him for those sheets.

Thank You!

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    I have contacted KNC to try to get this technical details but I haven't received any answer. I am willing to do the development of this feature but it seems as if KNC is not interested. Maybe someone else is more lucky and can get an answer from them. If someone has these documents it would be great if you could send them to me.

Regards,

mosquiss

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mosquiss said:
    I have contacted KNC to try to get this technical details but I haven't received any answer. I am willing to do the development of this feature but it seems as if KNC is not interested. Maybe someone else is more lucky and can get an answer from them. If someone has these documents it would be great if you could send them to me.

Regards,

mosquiss

Why not just contact Frank Schwede, whose info is located at the beginning of this thread? Email is supplied.

Mike

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    No, no answers from them. It is really curious. I have asked for some accesories in a different email and I got a response inmediately. So, it seems that they only want to sell, but not very interested in someone doing development with their products.

rosco99

Portal Member
    May 10, 2005
    MossVale, NSW, Australia
    mosquiss said:

Regards,

mosquiss
    Is there any similarity in the coding required for the Technotrend card?
    We have the SDK information for that---see DMAN's post
    "We have the SDK to implement CI for Technotrends BDA cards - it will just be a matter of time and patience.
    Alot of things are ahead in the queue and no dev has one of these cards.

DMAN"

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Right now I am working with DMAN with Technotrend cards. After we have it working with Technotrend will try to see if it works with KNC1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom