Technisat Skystar HD2 bricked? Replacement Digital Devices Cine S2 V6? (1 Viewer)

Bobsofa

Portal Member
May 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey everyone,
i think my TV card is broken. It only gets a signal when another DVB-S Receiver on the LNB is switched on and does not find that many channels on Astra 19.2E (86, many unknown). The symptoms match a broken TV-Card, so i guess that's it in my case :rolleyes: .
What card is a good replacement?

Connectors: 2
Price: ~100-150€
Switching Time: max. 3 seconds

Another Question: Does each port of a twin card need a different port of the LNB? Can i connect them with a splitter?

Thank you for your help. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bobsofa

I'm sorry to read about your problem. :(
    It sounds like the tuner is not able to supply stable power to the LNB (the SkyStar HD2 requires the power connector for this). There are also certain splitters that only pass power to the LNB from one of the tuners, and STB loop out connectors usually require the STB to be turned on in order to get signal. I assume you know all these things...

You have a few options for a replacement:
    - DD Cine S2 (similar to Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual)
    - TeVii S480
    - Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL
    - TBS 6981 (or 6984 for 4 tuners)
    - Blackgold BGT3600 (if you also wanted DVB-T/2 tuners)

I don't think you can go very far wrong with most of those options, although I have only actually tested the TeVii (which I think is a little slow at zapping).
    Do you need a CI/CAM slot?

About the LNB question: yes, ideally you should have one LNB output per tuner (unless you have a Unicable LNB). You could use a splitter but I don't recommend it - a splitter would mean one tuner would determine which channels the other tuners could access. A multiswitch might be a better option.

mm

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really suggest the DD Cine S2 or similar Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual.

I spent a lot of time with the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL. Unstable during channel switching, after suspend only one receiver is working, you need reinit the device, high powe consumption during suspend...

The DD works perfect, no problems, after suspend, fast channel switching.

Bobsofa

Portal Member
    May 19, 2012
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have a few options for a replacement:
    - DD Cine S2 (similar to Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual)
    - TeVii S480
    - Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL
    - TBS 6981 (or 6984 for 4 tuners)
    - Blackgold BGT3600 (if you also wanted DVB-T/2 tuners)

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I ordered the DD Cine S2 V6 from Amazon. Is it correct that the DD uses a Floppy Power Connector?

About the LNB question: yes, ideally you should have one LNB output per tuner (unless you have a Unicable LNB). You could use a splitter but I don't recommend it - a splitter would mean one tuner would determine which channels the other tuners could access. A multiswitch might be a better option.

Is there a Multiswitch that you can recommend (the price range is enormous!)? Would it have any drawbacks besides the LNB connected option? I'm just asking beause a new cable to the LNB would mean drilling a new hole into the thick outer wall, which I'm not really looking forward to do :).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Is there a Multiswitch that you can recommend (the price range is enormous!)? Would it have any drawbacks besides the LNB connected option? I'm just asking beause a new cable to the LNB would mean drilling a new hole into the thick outer wall, which I'm not really looking forward to do :).
    The first questions would be:
    - how many satellites do you receive
    - how many existing cable(s) do you have to the dish
    - how many STBs and tuners do you have/want

A multiswitch is pretty much pointless unless you already have several cables to the dish.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really suggest the DD Cine S2 or similar Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual.

I spent a lot of time with the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL. Unstable during channel switching, after suspend only one receiver is working, you need reinit the device, high powe consumption during suspend...

Hi DoXer

Thanks for the friendly advice! :)
    I'm curious whether you reported the problems with the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL anywhere - I'd like to investigate just in case it is an MP TV Server problem. That card seems quite attractive but I don't want to recommend it if it has serious driver issues. I note that Lehmden recommended it -->here<-- but did comment about standby/resume issues.

mm

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the standby-problem is discribed.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dvb-s2-doppel-tuner.106767/page-3#post-865623
    I can confirm this problem.

Here the problem with second tuner afger standy, I also can confirn this.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dvb-s2-doppel-tuner.106767/page-3#post-868638

Here a post regarding signal quality. I can confirm the quality ;) DD S2 has 100% in my system.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dvb-s2-doppel-tuner.106767/page-4#post-869309

You'll will love and forget the DD Cine S2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmm okay - thanks again.

The standby issues can probably only be fixed in the driver. However it is hard to be sure whether the Cine is more sensitive - the percentages should not be compared from card to card, and there are no logs to confirm that TV Server was scanning correctly.

mm

Bobsofa

Portal Member
    May 19, 2012
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The first questions would be:
    - how many satellites do you receive
    - how many existing cable(s) do you have to the dish
    - how many STBs and tuners do you have/want

-1 (ASTRA 19.2E)
    -3 (2 to the room where the multiswitch would be installed)
    -5 to the multiswitch

A multiswitch is pretty much pointless unless you already have several cables to the dish.

Do you mean I need more than one LNB cable to the multiswitch? Without drilling, I could connect the 2 above mentioned..

I have a Multiswitch from SPAUN

Thank you for your answer, they seem to perform pretty good in the reviews.

Another thing:
    Do i need to install any protections, like an inline safeguard to the LNB cable? Does the DD have an integrated one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom