Technotrend budget DLL's with sources.. Maybe implementable? (1 Viewer)

SePPiE

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
The Netherlands
hi everybody..I pointed this out before in other topic (the SS2 one with over 200 posts :) ) but decided to post it seperately since it probly got snowed under in the big topic..

Personally I already have DVB-S since I have a SS2 but I also own a Nova-S and know a lot of other people that have SAA7146A chip based DVB cards (the cinergy cards are also saa7146). I don't know how it is in other countries but here in Holland it's easier to get a hold on a Nova or a Cynergy card then on to an SS2...

I know that there are some bda drivers out there for Nova-s... But this is not the preferred route to go, i think.. This because I wanna use softcsa.dll for mdplugins :) ....
I found this site about some dutch guy who made dll's for accessing the saa7146 chip and made these available for us to use :)

check his site here:http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/projects__dvb_s.htm

This is the driver plus source code (C++) for dll and pascal files for accessing them: http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/saa7146asource.zip
I think this is all we need to implement native support for SAA7146 chips.
If we have the FLEXCOP chip and SAA7416 chips supported natively, I think we have about 80% of the people out there with DVB-S cards.

One problem, i'm SO not aqainted with C++, so who's willing to do this?

rolfey

Portal Pro
January 25, 2005
hmm yes, not sure how to incorperate the source files, but I have tried to use the driver and allthough it doesn't complain it also doesn't work with my card, I have a technotrend ss1 dvb-s. when I say it doesn't work with my card Imean even using this driver with prog or default tv software. I prolly am missing something?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Good work guys!
Good work guys!
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom