technotrend premium c2300 (1 Viewer)

flynnd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    hi all,

I cant seem to find an answer to this query, so i decided to ask.

I have 2 Technotrend Premium Dvb C 2300. for those of you unfamiliar with this type of card, it is a hybrid DVB C and analog card. the analog side has hardware decoding which is supported and the dvb side DOES NOT have bda drivers, so is not compatible with MediaPortal.

My Question is this: is it possible to get MP to recognize and configure the card in order to use the analog tuner ONLY, otherwise my 2 cards might as well be thrown out

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Dave

flynnd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Anybody got any suggestions on this before I let the thread die ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I saw your post earlier but since I don't have that card I was hoping other people could comment...
    The driver for the analog tuner and DVB-C tuner will be the same, and if that driver is not BDA then I'm afraid we aren't able to support your cards at this time. Having said that, I am aware of some internal developments that may be relevant for your card. I will talk to the team and get back to you as soon as I can...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I've talked to the team. Unfortunately it looks like there are no plans to support Technotrend Premium cards at this time. The difficulty is that the development team are very busy and none of us have these cards. Needless to say, it is quite difficult to add support for new hardware when you don't have the hardware on hand! Of course there is nothing to stop you from donating one of your cards to the team (PM infinite.loop)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom