Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

on my 32" LCD TV (16:9) the standard teletext font isn't really nice to read. The standard font is IMO too small and the gaps between characters make it even harder to read teletext. Is there a chance that this will be configurable for the user in a future version?

Regards,
    C.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Have you tried changing teletext fontsize from 80% to 100% on MP Configuration-utility?

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, that was the first thing I did after I saw teletext in MP the first time ;)
    But IMHO it still looks bad and it's a pain to read. No comparison to an inbuilt teletext of any TV I know.
    I would really appreciate if this (font, fontsize, maybe even size of gaps between characters) could be configuerd by user in future versions (at least in MP2?).

SATMarco

December 29, 2008
    Same problem here i just start searching how to adjust the teletext font in MP and found this thread.

The letters are sharp but the spaces between them make it unreadable.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Since the string for the font to use is hardcoded into the source it should be possible to change it to something more useful.

It should be a pretty simple task to add a select-list to the config with a list of installed ttf-fonts on the system. The only thing I don't know is if the width of the font should be changeable too.

This should definately be on the ToDo-list of one of the next versions. The teletext is useless as it is now. And I'm even on a 42" 1024x768 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom