teletext once again (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

what I really miss in Media Portal is easy access to teletext of all channels. I know that there is the SVT-Plugin which loads some Pages from the Internet, but I think that it is not the easiest way to do it - because normally all the data comes already with the tv signal.

I tried to search something that could be usefull and then I found this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/d.../directx/htm/viewingworldstandardteletext.asp

I played a little bit around with GraphEdit and it doesn't seem to be that complicated to add these 3 Filters - to get teletext support.
I would implement it myself, but I didn't programmed directShow-stuff before. In addition, at first view it seems that the filtering stuff seems to be quite deep in the Tv-System a could not be that easy accessed with a plugin (correct me if I'm wrong :roll: ).

So I would really appreciate if someone feels free to implement this...

thanks
keans

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
keans,

Apart from the filters, some work should be done to enable teletext and to select pages etc....

Work is currently done to support multiple filter setups which could enable teletext too, so I guess that in the future MP might support teletext...

Support for more mpeg2 cards and multiple card setups is however currently the top priority...

A

Anonymous

hi,

Apart from the filters, some work should be done to enable teletext and to select pages etc....
you are quite right - as I programmed myself I know that some things sound easier than they are ;-)
My intention just was to show that the teletext-data is already transported over tv signal and could be used over directx api...

multi-filter support sounds great.
I'm really exited when it will work someday...

keans

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
tklon said:
I found some graphs here: http://www.shspvr.com/graph_build/
Try the one for teletext.
Thx tklon. Yes thats a very nice site for some Hauppauge (350 I believe)specific graphs 8)

The point is however that the graphs differ from card to card, and the graphs on this site also are quite different from the ones MP is using, plus it should be integrated into the TV module...

Work is done now to hopefully create the basis for MP to be able to support this in the future...

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
I'm the author of the SVT Text plugin and I'm just wanted to tell you all that I'm currently re-working the plugin to support almost any picture based teletext source on the internet. I know the topic of this thread is to get teletext from the tv card. Let me just tell you why I find the Internet method way better, the answer is of course speed! From the Internet the pages are loaded instantly while the tv card has very annoying loading times. Anyway, that's just my opinion, please feel free to continue any other efforts on getting teletext into MP, since we can't live without teletext!

I've had very little free time lately but you can expect a test version of the reowrked plugin sometime soon.

Greetings Snorre

A

Anonymous

hi snorre,

i see your point but I think that not everybody has a high speed internet connection and because it is delivered for free via tv signal, I think it is a good alternative although it is rather slow ;-).
In addition there does not exists a teletext for all tv-stations in the internet...
But all in all thanks for your work - I believe there is not "the" solution - just two alternatives...

keans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom