Tellstick Pause Plugin (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Still no support for more than ONE device? :(
With the 0,5sec interval it would be possible to turn off and on all your devices when Playing or Ending a movie... why have not this been done yet? :/

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Also, the possibility to have more options in the Tellstick.xml file would have been nice. :)

I would like to have the ON / OFF buttons to be actual buttons instead of using the dialog menu to turn devices ON / OFF.

Would that be possible?

Best regards.

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Is there a way to change the plugin name as it appears in the MP menu? I tried changing stuff in mediaportal.xml and in tellstickpause.xml and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Re: MP GUI Control doesn't work

I'm having the exact same problem. Through the GUI I can only control the device that's set as the pause device, when I try to turn on the other devices the same pause device gets turned on and off instead.

Is anyone using this plugin any more? What a shame, such potential...

No activity in a while, hope someone is still watching this thread.

This is a beautiful plugin, the pause/stop action works perfectly. However, I am having problems controlling the other devices through the MP GUI.

I have 5 Nexa devices configured. One of them - "Golvlampa" is set as the pause device. All five devices show up in the plugin GUI, but regardless of which one I choose to press ON or OFF, the Tellstick always sends the codes for the pause device. The MP log looks OK, with different device numbers logged.

Any ideas? Can anyone confirm a working config, where each device can be controlled individually?

Or have I misunderstood the way this plugin is supposed to work?

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008

I'm having the exact same problem. Through the GUI I can only control the device that's set as the pause device, when I try to turn on the other devices the same pause device gets turned on and off instead.

Is anyone using this plugin any more? What a shame, such potential...

No activity in a while, hope someone is still watching this thread.

This is a beautiful plugin, the pause/stop action works perfectly. However, I am having problems controlling the other devices through the MP GUI.

I have 5 Nexa devices configured. One of them - "Golvlampa" is set as the pause device. All five devices show up in the plugin GUI, but regardless of which one I choose to press ON or OFF, the Tellstick always sends the codes for the pause device. The MP log looks OK, with different device numbers logged.

Any ideas? Can anyone confirm a working config, where each device can be controlled individually?

Or have I misunderstood the way this plugin is supposed to work?

Thats how it supposed to work, it only works with ONE device for automatic ON/OFF function.
And yes, its sad... :( It wouldn't be that hard to make it turn off more than one device with some delays between each device.

And about the name, NO its not possible to change the name. That is hardcoded in the plugin, thats why many have a setup option for changing the name within the configurations menu instead.

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel

Thats how it supposed to work, it only works with ONE device for automatic ON/OFF function.
And yes, its sad... :( It wouldn't be that hard to make it turn off more than one device with some delays between each device.

And about the name, NO its not possible to change the name. That is hardcoded in the plugin, thats why many have a setup option for changing the name within the configurations menu instead.

I didn't make myself clear - I'm not talking about the automatic switching when playing-stopping movies. I'm talking about switching from the GUI - this has nothing to do with the delay - there's a list of receivers from within the mediaportal GUI menu and no matter which one I choose - the same receiver gets turned on and off every time.

I hope I made it clearer this time...

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
As you realize I have not been using my Tellstick for a while (and not MediaPortal for that matter).
Had a quick look at the bug, see if the attached file works better for you. Rename the old dll just in case...

(And no, I will not add any features for the time being.)

Attachments

• TellstickPauseProcess.zip
    30.7 KB

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
As you realize I have not been using my Tellstick for a while (and not MediaPortal for that matter).
Had a quick look at the bug, see if the attached file works better for you. Rename the old dll just in case...

(And no, I will not add any features for the time being.)

Works 100%! Thank you very much!
Can we have the source files for this version? I decided to try and take this as a personal project, to see if I can do something with the GUI...

Thanks!

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Of course, I have attached it in this post.
The plugin consists of a Window plugin that sets some properties, such as #Tellstick.1 (for device with id=1) to different values (such as "ON"). Then there is a process plugin that listens to property changes and acts accordingly.

Attachments

• Tellstick.zip
    30.6 KB

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    33.5 KB