Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD goes to Unknown after restart (1 Viewer)

magnuznilzzon

September 2, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello

Not sure this is the correct subforum, but here goes:

I just built my first Mediaportal HTPC, intended to be the backend server to a number of XBMC clients. The problem is that, every time I restart the computer, the TVServer configurator reports the TV-card (Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD) as "Unknown". After I remove the card from the list it returns, correctly identified (DVB-C).

Is this a known issue, and might there be a solution? I'm running Win7 Ultimate.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome magnuznilzzon :)

This is definitely not a known issue. If the tuner is marked as "unknown" it usually means that it has not been found by the operating system. Can you please do two things for me:
    1. When the tuner appears as unknown, open Windows "device manager" and check if the card is listed there.
    2. Post your TV Server logs. Probably the easiest thing for you is to:
    - open TV Server configuration
    - click on "open log directory"
    - zip up the files that you find there and post the zip file here

mm

magnuznilzzon

September 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello

After startup, the Cinergy card was listed as "Type Unknown". As before, the name itself was recogniced by MP. Device Manager reported "This device is working properly". Attaching the logs

The Log

//magnuz

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The name just comes from the database. It doesn't mean that the card is found. This is the issue:
    card not found :Cinergy C PCI Digital Tuner

Please refresh the list of devices in device manager by scanning for hardware changes. Is it still there? If so, I think you need to increase the delay before TV Server detects cards. That setting can be found in the "general" section of TV Server configuration (wiki).

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great! :D
    *Thank you* for reporting back - it is always encouraging to here of problems that are solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom