Terratec Cinergy DVB-C (1 Viewer)

janm

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi all

I am in the process of building a Media Center PC, which will be based on MP.
But I am having some trouble figuring out which DVB-C tuners I should get.
I have found a card, which may suit my needs, but I have a question, which I haven't been able to find answers to anywhere.
The card I am looking at is the TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD, and since I will be getting 2 cards, my question is that if 2 of these tuners will be able to share 1 CI-module connected to one of the tuners, or the other tuner will be FTA-only?
If they cannot share the same CI-module, which card will you recommend for this feature to be available? It must be a card that can be purchased in Denmark, so I will have an easier time getting it fixed, in case one of the cards breaks.

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cinergy PCI C

Well I recieved 2 Terratec Cynergy PCI CI HD cards. After much pain I discovered with the 1.1.0.601 drivers which are current only work in a 32 bit PCI slot. Its OS independant whether x86 or x64 its a driver compatability with 64 bit PCI. I tried multiple machines, cards Vista Win 7 x64 and x86.

The problem is they are reconised fine but will not pick up the channels on a channel scan. Within MP or the native software

I have one 32 bit PCI so I sent 1 back until they resolve the issue, I wouldnt hold your breath as they are so busy doing Win 7 drivers it will be the new year or later until this works.

Maybe I am wrong as it is a serious issue as most new PC's are 64 bit amd all ,y new ones only have 64bit PCI slots

Check your PCI slots my friend before you shell out 260 Euro

To answer your question 1 DVB-C, 1 cam 1 card 1 channel at a time but usually it can do multiple channels on the same transponder if that helps, for me it rarely does.:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom