Terratec H7 does not find HD channels (1 Viewer)

Prosakki

July 31, 2015
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi! I'm a long time Mediaportal user, but a first time poster on these forums.

I'recently purchaced a Terratec H7 to complement the already existing Terratec H5 DVB-C/T card in my HTPC.
I am a user of the terrestrial broadcasts and according to Terratec, the H7 is DVB-T2 compatible, but while I am able to scan & find all SD channels here in Finland off the DVB-T network, I am unable to find any HD channels while scanning with the H7, while all the other channels are found just fine. All of the HD channels are free-to-air.

I have tried the advanced tuning and setting the frequency manually (Channelgroup H, 698 MHz, tried multiple different bandwidths 0-12Mhz), but no HD channels can be found.

This is driving me totally nuts! What am I missing?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, interesting. The older models of H7 definitely don't support DVB-T2. There may be a new model that does, but I don't know if you have that model.
    If I were you I would try the tuner in the TerraTec software. If DVB-T2 doesn't work there, you can be almost certain that the tuner you have does not support DVB-T2. At that point I would contact TerraTec and ask them about the situation.

Prosakki

July 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Oh, didn't realize there are two different models floating around. Well, tried the tuner with the "DVBViewer Terratec Edition", and that did not find any HD channels either. I'll post Terratec the question and if my tuner truly supports T2, I'll be back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom