Text to Front-panel Display (1 Viewer)

A

antah

Hello there,

First of all thanks a lot to all, who made this brilliant soft.

I've just bought barebone SHUTTLE SB83G5C (http://global.shuttle.com/Product/Barebone/SB83G5C.asp) and it has Versatile Front-panel Display (VFD). By default they distribute InterVideo Home Theater software, but it really sucks. It's slow, bugy and staff, but it use front display to show information about RADIO STATION, TV CHANNEL, playing MP3 FILE. Is it possible somehow to emplement this feature to my favorite Media Portla? Thanks a lot beforehand and I wish you a lot of luck.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
there are two plugins available,
ons is the external display plugin (is included as of version 0.1.2.0)

or the LCDSmartie plugin wich requires the external control plugin. search the forums for this.

By the way, VFD stands for Vacuum Fluorescent Display 8) not Versatile Front-panel Display

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
I just checked the website, and see where you got the Versatile thingy :roll:

this is not the text based VFD we normally see.. it would be a bit harder to interface with this...

maybe is there is a API or something, someone could write a LCDSmartie pluging or adapt the current external control..

A

antah

Thanks a lot for such fast reply. Hope someday there will be something for this type of display.

And where can I find the list of PlugIns?

slick

Portal Member
August 10, 2005
Switzerland
I like to hopp on this topic because i 'm using the same case :)

Anyone knows how to get this thing working with MP since i dont have any idea on how this hardware is controlled. They don't even include proper documentation on what interface this display is connected

So if anyone was succesfull in integrating in MP feel free to post a reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom