The Hobbit series (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since in their money grubbing way they decided to now make it a trilogy with subtitles on each movie, I decided to go with the following default rename entries:

Code:
    <rename id="tt0903624" title="The Hobbit I: An Unexpected Journey" sortby="The Lord of the Rings IVa" />
    <rename id="tt1170358" title="The Hobbit II: The Desolation of Smaug" sortby="The Lord of the Rings IVb" />
    <rename id="tt2310332" title="The Hobbit III: There and Back Again" sortby="The Lord of the Rings IVc" />

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of users who prefer a different way, hence this post so you can be ready ahead of time.

Simply add an entry into your "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" file and use whatever title (and/or sortby) you prefer. Since no foreign=".." applies to this entry the syntax is the same and you can just copy-n-paste the stuff in the above 'code' block into your custom xml file (via notepad or some other editor you prefer) and adjust the title="..." part to fix your preference.

Remove the sortby part if it is going to be the same as the title.

PS: If there are enough compelling arguments to go another way I will change it, because the downside of this new rename entry is that the Hobbit movies won't show if you SMS-style filter down on "LORD" or "RING". They will however show in the correct sortby order near the LOTR movies, due to the forced sortby. Whatever way I go, somebody will be dissapointed. I had it sorted out before when it was just two Hobbit movies, but they just stretched it magically found more material to make it three.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Shouldn't "Lord of the Rings IV" zero instead of four? After all the Hobbit is happening in the earlier in the timeline :p

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is a prequel indeed, but IMDb site shows it as "follows" the LOTR trilogy.

I just hope 10 years from now, nobody is going to do a 'remake', that will be a real hell ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom