The Official PiPO X7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That's not a trick but the official way to activate Net 3.5. If this does not work on your Win 8 Installation, then your Windows setup is damaged.

The official way did not work for me neither. It didn't work with win 8.1 that was preinstalled nor with the 8.1 pro that I installed manually. I downloaded .net 3.5 offline installer from microsoft to get it to work. https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=25150[DOUBLEPOST=1434186418][/DOUBLEPOST]I have used my x7s for some weeks now and must say that im happy with it. Have done the heatsink mod to keep it cool.
What I don't understand is why HD audio passthrough doesn't work!? Isn't passthrough the most simple way to handle audio? (the software does nothing with audio. just pass it on as is). Can someone please explain this to me?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have used my x7s for some weeks now and must say that im happy with it.
    Hello, I'm thinking about buying a PIPO X8 as a Mediaportal 1 client. I'm a little bit afraid because of the 32GB. How have you managed the installation of Mediaportal, plugins, fanart, ...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    32 Gbyte is enough as long as you don't install anything else on it... You can expect around 10 GB of free space, maybe a bit more.
    By the way, Amazon is quite expensive on that. I've seen the Pipo X8 on AliExpress for 108€ incl free shipping to Germany.

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have used my x7s for some weeks now and must say that im happy with it.
    Hello, I'm thinking about buying a PIPO X8 as a Mediaportal 1 client. I'm a little bit afraid because of the 32GB. How have you managed the installation of Mediaportal, plugins, fanart, ...

Hello!
    I'm curious on how you are going to use the X8 as MP1 client? The X8 doesn't strike me as a "standard" htpc ...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why not? The X8 has HDMI and USB ports, runs on Windows 8.1 on the identical hardware basis as the X7.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've seen the Pipo X8 on AliExpress for 108€ incl free shipping to Germany.
    Thx!
    I have seen that too, I think that I have to ad 19% taxes when ordering there and I don't know what about customs duty.
    Not to speek about sending it back if it does not fit my needs ...

I have to sleep some nights about this

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    I am also want to buy one pipo x8. it just so cheap! Touchscreen and Pc for 100 Dollar....
    But will wait for some first impressions from other users and wait until after my holidays...

Biggest problem will be the software which could be usefull on the touchscreen, but with windows 8, things changed a little, perhaps one can find usefull software...
    and then there is also android...

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have decided to wait some weeks before buying. I'm a little bit afraid about updating to Windows 10 and the multiboot thing (Android/Windows)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom