The perfect home theater entertainment center (1 Viewer)

JackJ

Portal Member
June 21, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
To perfect MediaPortal for different needs as a entertainment center in my house I have the following wishes for Christmas:
My set up is: 1x MP server, 1x 2TB Network storage, 4x MP clients in (Kitchen, Living room, Bedroom and Bathroom) everything is connected by a fiber optics network. – The thing is that for each room there are different specials needs.

Kitchen & Livingroom:
* When client is turned on, MP starts in TV fullscreen on the last watched channel. (Just like a regular TV).
* When activated by a keystroke, an RSS feed scrolls over the screen, it could be news or stock quots depending on the feed. (just like on CNN, see rss.jpg)

Bedroom:
* A sleep timer after 15,30,90, 120 minutes, MP goes into hibernation or shuts down the PC.

Bathroom:
* When MP is turned on it starts MY music and play the “default” playlist or the first one it see. Or maybe MP could be set to play a radio channel.
I hope one or more of these suggestions will be implemented into MP in the future, and a BIG thanks for a great piece of software my life wouldn’t be the same without it.

// Jack

Attachments

• rss.jpg
    rss.jpg
    56.5 KB

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can pretty much do all that already with the addition of a few plugins.

Use Autostart to start MP in tv or music or any other section (I think the IR Server suite is also capable of doing this.
    Also, in MediaPortal's config under the TV section, look for the section 'When entering MyTV' on the bottom right and set both options, 'Turn on TV', 'Directly show fullscreen TV'.

SleepTimer can shut down the pc after a specified time.

JackJ

Portal Member
    June 21, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Embarrassing

Thanks alot, it's a bit embarrassing taht i didn't find those plugins, eventhough i have been browsing the plugin section.

Ill will try them out and see if it works for me.

It could be nice though if´SleepTimer And Start in (Music/TV) was implemented in the core of MP.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom