The very last feature request (1 Viewer)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Mackey,

I really love your plugin and I have 1 last feature request, Auto scroll.

I know there has been some debate on how this should work, and I have thought about it alot.

I personally think the easiest would be the following:

get screen resolution
    screen resolution * the ratio of area the lyrics area takes up. like 60% of a standard blue two skin.
    this way you get the total number of lines available to the lyrics plugin.

take the number of seconds a song takes, and divide it by the number of lines. now this is the amount the lyrics need to scroll, with like a 1 screen delay.

what do you think?

OgdenP

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    It's a good idea, but it wouldn't work in all instances. I have quite a few songs that have lengthy musical interludes in the middle which would mean that it probably wouldn't show the correct lyrics at the right time.

Having said that - as long as you could override the autoscroll, I think it would still be a nice feature.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi idioteque

It is a good idea with the autoscroll functionality, however it is with the current MP GUI controls not possible to implement the task with a proper result. I actually implemented the scroll functionality some time ago, but no control was 100% fit for the task, and you could not both have the static textarea and the scroll control on the same screen, so as plugin developer I had to choose. And I didn't choose the auto scroll due to the often poor results that is presented.

Instead I implemented the lrc-support which is superioer to any auto-scroll functionality. The use of the lrc mode natural demands that the songs holds a lrc-lyric or that you make your own copy within MyLyrics.

So... no auto scroll functionality this time around. sorry. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom