home
products
contribute
download
documentation
forum
Home
Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
All posts
Latest activity
Members
Registered members
Current visitors
Donate
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Log in
Register
Navigation
Install the app
Install
More options
Contact us
Close Menu
Forums
MediaPortal 1
MediaPortal 1 Plugins
Popular Plugins
Moving Pictures
themoviedb.org v3 API + old moving pictures version
Contact us
RSS
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="RoChess" data-source="post: 1033391" data-attributes="member: 18896"><p>No, when I say MovPic options, I mean for example adding the 'collections' dynamic category, verify that all the MovPic import settings are right. You have to understand that new versions don't just bring updates, but also new features. As for what impacts existing movies in your library, that is impacted when new features are added to each item, for example v1.5.2 of MovPic has support for collections, release_date and plot_keywords. You need to 'refresh' your movies as this info has to be re-obtained for your existing movies, unless you only want your new movies to enjou them.</p><p> </p><p>For me that is always easy, because I use IMDb+, so I just do a mass-refresh on entire collection when I'm asleep after a few months. This also then updates ratings, certifications or adds any missing info. It takes like 6 hours to refresh my entire collection, but I'm sleeping then anyway so doesn't make a difference to me how long it takes.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway, MovPic is a seperate plugin to MediaPortal. All in all you only need the DLL files and drop them in the correct plugins folder. The installer simply makes it easy, because it puts them in the right folder an also takes care of the skin files. But nothing prevents you from doing this manually. Now the other problem is that sometimes specific features of the MediaPortal API are used, that is when you run into the problem that you need to update MediaPortal in order to use latest Moving-Pictures. I currenctly still run MovPic v1.5.2.1528 (extremly current) on MediaPortal v1.2.1 (very old one) on my soon to be replaced HTPC in the livingroom, and it runs fine.</p><p> </p><p>Now your worries are correct, I believe somewhere along the lines a new method was used by MediaPortal v1.2 and that is now being used by MovingPictures. Unfortunatly a fix to make importing work again will not be added to the older version of MovPic that still run on MediaPortal v1.1 or before. The new MovPic will still work on the older MePo version, just not 100%. The problem is that I dont know if the missing % is something critical that you need, or if it is something you can live without.</p><p> </p><p>Backing up MediaPortal completly is extremly easy, simply go to the two MediaPortal folders inside Windows explorer and 'copy' them, so you get "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal - Copy" (and do the same for the Program Files folder). Then you can literally mess it up totally and delete the "MediaPortal" folder and rename back the " - Copy" one and it is like nothing happened. This then allows you to just "try" if v1.5.2.1528 would work, or if your worries about a MediaPortal v1.2 upgrade were misplaced and everything works fine. You could even go straight for a v1.5 upgrade, afterall if it fails you just restore the backup back.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="RoChess, post: 1033391, member: 18896"] No, when I say MovPic options, I mean for example adding the 'collections' dynamic category, verify that all the MovPic import settings are right. You have to understand that new versions don't just bring updates, but also new features. As for what impacts existing movies in your library, that is impacted when new features are added to each item, for example v1.5.2 of MovPic has support for collections, release_date and plot_keywords. You need to 'refresh' your movies as this info has to be re-obtained for your existing movies, unless you only want your new movies to enjou them. For me that is always easy, because I use IMDb+, so I just do a mass-refresh on entire collection when I'm asleep after a few months. This also then updates ratings, certifications or adds any missing info. It takes like 6 hours to refresh my entire collection, but I'm sleeping then anyway so doesn't make a difference to me how long it takes. Anyway, MovPic is a seperate plugin to MediaPortal. All in all you only need the DLL files and drop them in the correct plugins folder. The installer simply makes it easy, because it puts them in the right folder an also takes care of the skin files. But nothing prevents you from doing this manually. Now the other problem is that sometimes specific features of the MediaPortal API are used, that is when you run into the problem that you need to update MediaPortal in order to use latest Moving-Pictures. I currenctly still run MovPic v1.5.2.1528 (extremly current) on MediaPortal v1.2.1 (very old one) on my soon to be replaced HTPC in the livingroom, and it runs fine. Now your worries are correct, I believe somewhere along the lines a new method was used by MediaPortal v1.2 and that is now being used by MovingPictures. Unfortunatly a fix to make importing work again will not be added to the older version of MovPic that still run on MediaPortal v1.1 or before. The new MovPic will still work on the older MePo version, just not 100%. The problem is that I dont know if the missing % is something critical that you need, or if it is something you can live without. Backing up MediaPortal completly is extremly easy, simply go to the two MediaPortal folders inside Windows explorer and 'copy' them, so you get "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal - Copy" (and do the same for the Program Files folder). Then you can literally mess it up totally and delete the "MediaPortal" folder and rename back the " - Copy" one and it is like nothing happened. This then allows you to just "try" if v1.5.2.1528 would work, or if your worries about a MediaPortal v1.2 upgrade were misplaced and everything works fine. You could even go straight for a v1.5 upgrade, afterall if it fails you just restore the backup back. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Post reply
Forums
MediaPortal 1
MediaPortal 1 Plugins
Popular Plugins
Moving Pictures
themoviedb.org v3 API + old moving pictures version
Contact us
RSS
Top
Bottom