Thinking about using mediaportal some questions (1 Viewer)

theremper

August 29, 2006
Hello I have some questions before I pick media portal. first one. I want to put 4 Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE in my sytem. Is this possible and if so what problems may accure and how to I avoide them or solve them. Second one can I use other software while media portal records shows. third one if I have multiple cards in my system does/can mediaportal pick which card it uses for recording and tv watching without my involvement.
thanks

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
1. Why take 4 PVR-150 when you can get the same with two PVR-500 ? :D Anyway this is not a problem (tested up-to-seven if I remember well)
2. You can use other programs as long as they are not too much CPU consumming, hard drive intensive, not using directx , and not using the TV-Cards
3.The selection is automatic based on a priority you set for each card and the availabilty of the channel you want to record on every card.

:) Welcome aboard :)

theremper

August 29, 2006
well I heard there was quality issues with the pvr500. I might have heard wrong so I can not play a game and record a show at the same time no matter how fast processor I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ with 4 gigs of ram o yea my media drive is seperate than my windows drive or software drive. the problem I would see playing a game would be the directx. why is directx needed just for recording

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you got CHli wrong here. DirectX is not needed for recording. You can minimize MP to tray and recording will only need good HD access (separate drive in best case).
    In future releases recording will be a service.

The PVR 150 and 500 use the same chipsets. The 500 has just two 150 onboard. Haven't heard of quality issues, but that does not count much. ;)

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom