Thinking of changing to MP from WMC7 but have some questions.... (2 Viewers)

fatal.lordes

October 22, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All. I'm currently using WMC7 but I hate that often movies have a really low volume when playing in WMC7 and there doesn't seem to be a fix. I actually end up closing WMC7 and playing the same movie in VLC and it plays fine. I'm wondering if MP has the same issue or if it has fixed this issue? Also, will my WMC7 remote (its a microsoft remote) work with MP? I guess I'm keen to find if MP will work correctly before I get rid of WMC7. :)

fatal.lordes

October 22, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Oh, and does MP get the guide via the antenna as my PC is not connected to the internet. I'm assuming it would since WMC7 does the same thing, but just checking.... is there anything else I need to know about ensuring MP will work instead of WMC7? I use it primarily for Recording and watching Live TV, but it also is used to watch movies (AVI) and play music (MP3 mainly). Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1350864908][/DOUBLEPOST]And I've two double tuners (so four tuners in reality but two cards). Can MP cope with four tuners? Sorry to be adding things, but they keep popping into my brain. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome fatal.lordes :)

I'm wondering if MP has the same issue or if it has fixed this issue?
    I'm not aware of this issue so I can't give a definitive yes or no. I suggest you try and see.

Also, will my WMC7 remote (its a microsoft remote) work with MP?
    Should do - we support MCE remotes.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote

Oh, and does MP get the guide via the antenna as my PC is not connected to the internet.
    Yes.

is there anything else I need to know about ensuring MP will work instead of WMC7? I use it primarily for Recording and watching Live TV, but it also is used to watch movies (AVI) and play music (MP3 mainly).
    I don't expect that MP would have any problem with those use-cases.

And I've two double tuners (so four tuners in reality but two cards). Can MP cope with four tuners?
    MP doesn't limit the number of supported tuners like WMC.

Sorry to be adding things, but they keep popping into my brain. :)
    No need to apologise. I would suggest you have a quick look through the wiki as it may answer some of your questions and save you time. :)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com

F

fatallordes

Thanks for that, MM. I think it's going to be a matter of suck it and see. I'm just nervous as lots of people have said there's a lot to setting it up and can take quite a bit a fiddling... again, I guess it's a matter of just giving it a whirl. :) Will check out those links!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom