Thumbnails.... (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I play a song, the thumbnail gets downloaded for that Album and it also seems to grab fanart for the artist...

Is there any way to get it to do that for the whole collection without having to play them all??

I'm sure I am just missing something simple here..

Also, even when it has downloaded the above, the now playing screen just shows a speaker icon. What am I missing?

Sorry for the dumb question, although I have used Mediaportal for a few years now, I have never bothered using it for music!!

Cheers!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

In config under Music, open drop down and select DATABASE - you can then download info, depending on your naming convention controls how effective this is:)

Also there is the FANART plugin - https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/other/fanart-handler?lang=en
    as well as https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/music/musicinfohandler?lang=en + music DB re-organiser.

Above is scratching surface of what you can do, but really worth a look at.

As to now playing, should show album info if already loaded I think.

Hope that helps - TTFN JCMP

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply!

I do have Fanart Handler installed for Moving Pictures, and I didn't realise it did the music thumbs too.

I have just had a look at the settings, and have told it to scrape all artists - I'll see what happens!!

Cheers!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Fanart plugin handles all the fanart above, to get the album art and artist pictures you can do the following... copy + pasted from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/guide-to-the-music-section-of-mediaportal.77404/

That is assuming the audioscrobber plugin artwork scraper still works, I havn't tried it in a while. Be sure to enable only missing, so you don't overwrite any images you already have.

------------

Mediaportal Configuration: Audioscrobber plugin:

You must enable the audioscrober plugin so that you can download images for all the artists. You can also use this to get missing album cover images, however i prefer to manually embed the album art into the mp3 file so i have control over the quality of the album image.

The audioscrober plugin also has an option to automatically add tracks to your playlist based on your listening tastes, and it can update your last.fm page to tell your friends what music your listening to. After audioscrobber plugin has finished you can disable it if you wish, however I prefer to keep it enabled.

Enable audioscrobber plugin and click configure
    musicsetup06.gif

This screen is for grabbing the artist images
    musicsetup07.gif

To manually add or change artist images you must locate the \thumbs\music\artists directory
    There are two files for every artist, %artist%.jpg and %artist%L.jpg (the %artist%L.jpg file is the large thumbnail pic)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom