Time for a new AV receiver - Yamaha RX-V671 (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I am using an old Sony 5.1 surround system (no HD, no HDMI), but the fan has gone, so I managed to replace it, but they dont last long and it runs hot.

I have recently built a new HTPC, but it appears the SPDIF does not work (well I cant get it to work!!) - Its a lot of work to replace the motherboard :(

So I am thinking its time for a new AV receiver - one that supports HD and HDMI.

I had/have narrowed it down to a Marantz, Sony, or Yamaha - at the moment the Yamaha RX-V671 is my prefered option (although I probably wont use 60% of its features!)

Anyone have this amp??

J.

bawheid

Portal Member
    December 28, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, but I have the RX-V1065 and would definitely recommend Yamaha. All three are great brands but it depends what speakers you (groan) intend to pair it with.

What features draw you to the Yamaha over the others? And do you have any specific models from Sony and Marantz picked out?

Do you have an eventual upgrade path in mind or are you just looking to get something with a little more flexibility/features/power? One of the reasons I went with the slightly higher spec'd Yamaha's was the pre-outs... I know AVR's are notoriously underpowered and wanted to give myself the option of connecting to a power amp to drive larger speakers if I decided to upgrade (which I think I'm going to do pretty soon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom