Time&Time Format (1 Viewer)

towerGuard

July 27, 2019
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,

I'm new here, so let's start with a hello" to everyone ;)
I'm using media Portal 2 now for one or two months and it's my first "TV Service on PC" experience. It took me a while to get it all running, but since some weeks the system run's almost as I wish for. Thanks a lot to everyone involved for this great piece of software!

One problem I could not solve up to now is the time format in the EPG (client) and in the list of scheduled recordings (client + Server).
Neither by trying nor googling gave me a suitable solution here. Maybe you guys can help me out here.

I configured the time and date format in the client to look like
14:30 (configuration string = "HH:mm")
2019-07-27 (configuration string = "yyyy-MM-dd")

but in the time and date format is completely different in
  • in the EPG (client)
  • in the list of Scheduled Recordings (client)
  • in the list of Scheduled Recordings (Server)

annotation2019-07-271u7kaf.gif

annotation2019-07-2715tjjm.gif

Actually I can not imagine, that I'm the only one having this problems. Therefor I think it could be because of my Win10 system configuration:
All my Win10 installations use English as OS installation language while I am from Austria(Europe) and therefore 14:30 is my native time format. Also I have some issues with 8/27/2019 as date format.
--

And if I start the server configuration and check the scedules there > and I click on "sort by date" by clicking the date column's header, the sorting is kind of useless.
mpserverconfigb3jjs.png

What do I have to change to get this right (except my mindset ;) )

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do I have to change to get this right (except my mindset ;)
    As it stands, the time display of the TV part is hard-coded and relates to your Windows language. What is the behavior if you change the regional settings in Windows?

The TV plugin is used as a library that we don’t have immediate influence on. However, I believe that this was recently adjusted, so maybe something that will work in the near future.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do I have to change to get this right (except my mindset ;) )

If you wish to retain English as the OS language then try changing the Win 10 settings to those shown in the attached screenshot This works for me. Note I have the British English language pack and Region Germany which automatically sets it that way. I presume you have US English language pack which is giving you the am/pm time and mm/dd/yyyydate formats, if you can't tweak it using the settings then maybe try the British one though a possible unwanted effect can be the currency in £ and . for decimal point but both of these can be changed also.;)

time.jpg

towerGuard

July 27, 2019
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for your replies!

I already fearer that it is directly linked to the Win10 settings, and ignores the date/time display formats configured in the MP2 skins.

My win10 is configured to show all button captions, menu names, settings and so on in English - so it's easier to follow hints from the internet when I've to fix/configure something. It also keeps me to train my English "skills" a bit :p
    On the other hand all my keyboard settings and the regional settings are German, so I see everywhere my native time format, currency, date format, dot-vs-comma as decimal-vs-thousands separator... and so on.

I've now checked which settings effects the media portal date and time format, and it can be changed through the windows display language setting. If I switch the windows display language to German, the time format changes accordingly.

This was tested on the MP2 Client (different machine then the server):

regionalsettings013ekgm.gif

regionalsettings02lhk1m.gif

So it seems I've to live with the English date/time formats, as I don't like to switch my Win10 installation into German mode.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help =)

ps:
    btw, is there a way to contribute moneywise without having a paypal account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom