[no Bug] Timeperblock setting not saved (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see this issue in the roadmap, as a bug for 1.3a, which is listed as already being resolved.

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3924

To me this seems like a good new feature, not a bug. I rarely change the timescale, but the times I do, it would be nice if I didn't have to fix it afterwards, and it just went back to normal for next use.

Also, on my mom's htpc she unintentionally changes this once in a while, and can never figure out how to change it back. It would be nice if she could just exit guide and go back in, and have everything back to normal.

For this to be considered a bug, I assume there must be people out there who want their guide to stay on something other than 30min intervals all the time. A better fix for this would seem to be to allow people to specify the default timeperblock in the MP Config util, and have MP continue to forget adjustments to it (as 1.3a does), and revert to the specified default on every exit.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi x4mer

Yes, we consider it a bug. I personally don't like the idea of a setting for remembering a setting - configuration just gets to complex... which MP is already (in)famous for - but if we get enough people that agree with you...
    The "fix" was a one liner, so maybe if you like the "broken" behaviour enough you could start to build your own custom releases. Maybe a step too far - I don't know. The alternative would be for us to periodically reintroduce the "bug" for you. :p

mm

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was saved in MP 1.2.3 thats why we considered it as a bug. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom