[WiP] Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't think the team would welcome any custom builds before 1.2 Beta is released. But have to check with others :)

Indeed.

The problem is, everyone would be so excited by this, that they would jump on it very quickly.

You can guarantee that there will be problems with the patched part of this, but a lot of the people testing will just assume that MediaPortal 1.2.0 is buggy. They won't make the distinction between and official and unofficial build or a beta versus a final.

I know this is a shame, but at least if we have got the official beta out, then things will be clearer and people will not need to test a cutting-edge feature in order to get the other good stuff in 1.2.0.

Mark

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Timeshifting in a single looping .ts file

new patchfiles which apply fine to lastest SVN AND also work TortoiseSVN (sorry mostly using GNU patchutils)

Attachments

• _A_tshift_directshow.patch
      69.7 KB
    • _A_tshift_mediaportal.patch
      4.4 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

sorry guys not my day ;-) mediaportal.patch file was wrong. Now this is also up2date.

an IMPORTANT note for everybody trying the patches. The MPFileWriter won't compile as i haven't done the RTSP stuff for now.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Any feedback from "pure" MP users on this? Seems the For The Record BETA users are quite happy with this new format.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    When 1.2.0 Beta is released, I'll be happy to test this, but my current setup is too mixed up with my own fixes, 3rd party patches etc. WAF and all... ;)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i would like to test this wit 1.2.0 Alpha, but i am not able to compile this...
    Could anyone post here compiled Files?

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Here i am again. ;)

A User has compiled from SVN 1.1.6.27480 and Patch from first and THIS Post a working Installation for me.

I Installes it as an upgrade over my 1.1.2 on Server (WHS) and also on Client (Win7 32bit).
    If i start TV (UNC enabled), after a few Seconds a Message comes up, that the Stream cant be started.

On the Server i see in opened Configuration -> Manual Control, that the Cards are getting marked red (why this?), then the next (both CineS2 DVB-S), then a DVB-T Stick and on this it seems, that the Timeshift begins. But after a few Seconds it stopps and at the same Moment on Client comes up the Message "cant start blabla Stream..."

Here are the logs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom