Tip to avoid stretched non-16/9 fanart pics (1 Viewer)

Harald63

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I've many movies with multiple fanart generated from the movie.

If you, as me, are tired of fanart is stretched out of proportion in MP for non-16/9 pics, then you can add black bars to the fanart pics instead.

Then IrfanView is your friend, because this can be done in one batch process for all your fanart.

For instance you can resize the width to 1920 pixels and choose "keep aspect ratio". Change the canvas size to 1920x1080 and black canvas color. This gives a perfect result. 2 hours for 40,000 pics.

The only disadvantage is, that fanart pics from movies with aspect ratio under 16/9 are cropped with this method. From a 4/3 movie the crop will be from 1920x1440 to 1920x1080, but I've looked through my 4/3 movies and the result is perfect, you won't notice.

My guess is, that you also can use Adobe Photoshop for this job too.

Edit: If it's only a selection of folders, that have to be batch processed, then move those folders to a temp folder. (To select the newest folders/movies in File Explorer, you can select Details from the View Menu and add Date Created to the view and sort on this field and choose your selection of folders.)

In the Batch Conversion window you have to tick the option "Include subdirectories (for Add all....)" and in Advanced options in Batch Conversion Settings, you can tick Overwrite existing files" and "Create subfolders in destination folder" and in Batch Conversion Window you have to get a blank Output directory for result files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom