TiVo's sync for iPod & PSP - can MP clone feature? (1 Viewer)

madders

November 22, 2005
http://www.pspvideo9.com can autoconvert all files dropped into a directory to PSP format, and copy them to the PSP.

Underneath the hood it is just using FFMPEG to do the convertion, so it shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce the same behaviour via a plugin. http://www.artfahrt.com/psp.html

Wish I had time to do this, would really like to get my teeth stuck into a MP plugin. Might have to try squeeze it in at some point.

BTW - ipod encoding is very similar

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    madders - thanks for the link to pspvideo9. The same guy that developed this freeware also developed videora - It asys that it is:
    Videora 2.0 is ... personal video downloading program. Utilizing BitTorrent peer to peer technology and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds, Videora automatically and intelligently finds and downloads video you want to watch. With easy to use features like Watch Lists and Season Tickets you will be able to watch your favorite video, no matter where you are in the world. All you need to get started is a broadband internet connection and Windows.

barranger - too bad you and this guy couldn't get together to refine the torrent plugin!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    GitsLM said:
    Maybe because their language is not supported yet ? Just an idea :) Me and my wife do the Japanese one atm but as far as I heard the implementation will take a while because MP is not able to handle Jap letters. And therfore not able to handle Chinese one as well.

Big duh on my part. Hadn't thought about that. Shows my limited non-international thinking. Sorry.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    barranger said:
    mzemina said:
    barranger - too bad you and this guy couldn't get together to refine the torrent plugin!

It shouldn't be overly difficult to add most of those features, but one step at a time :)

I totally agree and understand.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom