Toggle Audio Track in AVIs with multiple audio tracks (1 Viewer)

belozeroff

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
It would be very helpfull to have an option to toggle/choose an audio track (if there are many) during playback of AVIs using I/More button OSD screen, such functionality is part of Media player via right button click. If mediaportal's internal player uses MS media player object such change should not take too much effort.

Thx!

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    If you mean e.g. multilanguage .avis then its already possible! Install the Haali-Media-Splitter and you can change language over the context menu (at least this worked with good old BlueTwo-Skin perfectly!

belozeroff

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    Thank you All for the prompt response!!! i use 0.2.1.0, blue wide, and I don't see such option although I use Haali-Media-Splitter. maybe it's in SVN latest builds? wich I dont use for the sake of stability.

Thanks again!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the availabilty of the option depends on the used skin. The audio track can only be switched via the OSD in the MCE skin.

But you can always switch between the tracks simply with the A-Key / Green-Button.

Flip.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, sorry for digging out this old thread, but I have the same problem.
    I want to play an avi file with two audio tracks. In VLC I can select each audio track through the options menu and it works well, in MediaPortal (MP-TV Series) both audio tracks are there at the same time. Pressing A has no effect. I have installed the Haalii MediaSplitter ...

Thanks for your help.

(Using MediaPortal 1.0 RC4 with Streamed Skin).

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

did you check "support for AVI" while the installation of Haali? Unfortunately this option is not set by default. Try reinstalling Haali.

HTH,
    Flip.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be honest .. I can't remember if I cheched the avi support. Couldn't find anything like this in the options, so I will try to reinstall.
    Thanks for the answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom