Too much browsing kills all images (1 Viewer)

safran64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I encountered the following Problem:

When I'm browsing around too much in TV-Series all images (fanart, episode thumbs (NOT season images!??)) start to disappear. After leaving TV-Series this also affects mediaportal images (e.g. MePo animations, myVideos, myFilms etc.).

"Browsing too much" means in my case: browsing through ~150 episodes (not watching them only looking through the menu lists).

I don't think that this has something to do with the "too many episodes"-issue because I'm having only about 300 eps totally.

Is this a cache problem? But all this does not happen when I'm forcing eg. MyFilms to load that much file infos.

Since pictures say more than 1000 words I attached some pictures:
The first 2 show how it looks normally.
The 3rd shows how it starts looking after browsing through ~150 episodes.
The 4th shows a total lack of images in the TVseries main screen after further browsing.
5th image: after return to mediaportal file images/thumbs have vanished there, too (e.g. MyFilms).

Has someone seen this, too, or could anyone please try to reproduce this problem by excessive browsing in TVSeries?

Oh, not to forget, I'm using TV-Series 1.2 SVN202 and MP 2.3 RC2 (but this issue also appeared in RC1)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    yup, confirmed....we are actively working on better texture resource management which will hopefully cure this.

Edit: Actually seeing as you use SVN 202 could you try a new SVN (like the latest)...new code to better release texture memory was checked in with SVN 209

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, didn't recognize that there were new SVNs.:oops:

I just tested the latest SVN222 and had no more browsing problems. :D :)

I have to admit that I'm having only 350 episodes so perhaps somebody with more files can confirm if it is fixed now.

But now I had some other graphical problems:

1. First the fanart dummies seem to be broken on episode level. Everything that's dependent on these dummies is not correct (picture 2: additional series banner and wrong informations display). The List-dummy seems to be ok.
    As shown in the first 2 pictures in season level everything is ok.

2. Second if episodes don't have an episode (scene) image no logos (network, Codec, HD, Audiocodec etc.) are displayed at the top anymore (compare pictures 2 & 3).

3. Third after starting the playback of an episode and returning to TV-series menu all episodes that don't have an episode image lose their logo thumbs in that season (picture 3 & 4, before & after playback). This can only be overcome by a restart of mediaportal. Episodes with an episode image are not affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom