Tool for monitoring MP CPU usage (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone,

High CPU usage negatively effects MP. However, there is currently no easy way to determine if the high CPU is caused by MP or another program. So, I've written a program which will give you a graphical idea of what is going on. Also, it takes measurements of the CPU usage of MP, TV Server, and SQL server, in addition to the total CPU every half second. It then records them to a file. Upon completion, it will report the mean and median CPU usage for the 3 processes and total CPU. I've even gone to great pains to make it Unicode for my European friends. If you are having stuttering problems, slow navigation, or really long imports, run this tool and see what is actually going on. A word of warning however, is that the file will get very large over a relatively short timeframe. If the file is over a couple of Mbs, you should open it in Wordpad (instead of Notepad), as that doesn't read the whole file at once. If there are any problems or errors, please let me know.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Huh, that's weird. Let me take a look at that. Could you attach the whole log file? I'm blaming Unicode :D

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Yea.. I have seen that issue too.. where it is over 100.... I don't have a current log that shows that tho... or I would send it to you.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hey guys, are the values for the MP CPU above and below that entry more in line with reality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom