Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good evening,

Does anybody know the mouse position (Ypos coordinate) below which the topbar activates. I seem to remember there used to be a graphic in the Wiki showing this detail, but I am blowed if I can find it now.

ps. Development idea: it would be really nice if we could customise the zone on each screen at which the topbar becomes active, defined by a rectangle (x,y top left hand corner, a,b bottom right hand corner for instance):
    Eg: <define>#topbarzone:0,0,512,128</define> would set the topbar to activate if mouse pointer entered the rectangle x 0, y 0, a 512, b 128.

Many thanks
    RH

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    As far as I remember, from the top - the height of the TopBar, and from the middle +- half the width. This way, flexibility is achieved in calling the TopBar in different skins depending on its size.

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    As far as I remember, from the top - the height of the TopBar, and from the middle +- half the width. This way, flexibility is achieved in calling the TopBar in different skins depending on its size.
    Sorry, I haven't fully understood the second part of what you are saying. Say for example, the screen is 1920x1080, and the topbar icons are 64 height, what would the formula be?

Would it simply be it activates if the mouse pointer is in the zone where Y >0 and <64
    What would happen if I put my topbar Icons a little further down the screen, say they were 64x64 squares and I positioned the first one at coordinate 0,32

Bit stuck. Thanks for your time

RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country

An update following some trials...

It seems that 0,0 is always the top left hand corner of the activate zone no matter where you place your topbar, and the bottom edge of the activate zone is calculated by the lowest position of the furthest down control (i.e. Ypos plus height). I've put in some ridiculous numbers such as making my topbar buttons 600 high and at ypos 32 and they seem to perform according to those rules.

If anyone else knows any better, please can you let me know. Thanks
    RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom