Topbar disappears when starting a video in My Videos. (2 Viewers)

CaptainJim

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
The nifty Topbar (the 11 button control across the top which has Play/Pause/Stop/FF/RW/Skip-F/Skip-B, etc.) is shown when I'm in My Videos but when I start a movie the control disappears. I tried moving my mouse to the top and clicking around etc, nothing I do will get the Topbar control to re-display while the movie is playing. Yes, I'm using the internal movie player. If I click with my scroll wheel I get the Pause/Play Control (same as pressing Y), but that’s rather limited.

Per the manual "If you enter a Module e.g. My Videos and you navigate to the top of the frame the Topbar will pop up. " so this should work. Anyone else having this problem?

The Topbar works just fine in My Music.

Without the Topbar there is no way using the mouse to go Video Forward/Backward in small steps. You can right click to get a menu that has Prev Chap / Next Chap. If I use the Mouse Scroll Wheel it will jump about 7 minutes in either direction (with each turning click), is there a way to adjust this?

Cheers,
Jim

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I dont think its meant to show during a movie, why do you want it??

Pretty sure you can do everything with a remote you can do there

CaptainJim

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    A quote from the MP manual "If you enter a Module e.g. My Videos and you navigate to the top of the frame the Topbar will pop up. " so I think it's suppose to show up, unless the feature has been pulled and then the manual is now wrong.

Why do I want it? They are basic video controls that most every player has..... I don't use a remote, I use a Blue Tooth mouse to contrl my PC.

Cheers,
    Jim

L

l9nux

I only use a mouse, so I want the topbar too! How on earth do you use these basic controls during a movie if there is no topbar?

This must be resolveable otherwise it renders MP a bit useless for me.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    In the MP configuration, in the plug ins section, look for the top bar plugin.
    There is an option there to set "AutoHide". Try disabling that.

I'm not sure if that will work for full screen video, as generally people use a remote for control there and prefer not to have the top bar (yep,. I know your cicrumstances are different).

If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure that the skin for each screen has a setting to allow or disable the topbar. Have a look in full screen video skin and see if there is anything relevant there.

I'm at work, so can't check for myself, but if you get stuck, just post back and I'll check in later from home.

Marcus.

empezza

Portal Member
    March 21, 2009
    Jervis Bay, NSW
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Marcus, but no success here.

In the Blue3Wide skin file videoFullScreen.xml I added the line <disabletopbar>no</disabletopbar>.
    In the MP Config - TopBar plugin I have tried the various combinations available - but the topbar still does not appear on full screen video.

Hope somebody has an answer to this dilemma!

BTW, I am a complete newbie to MediaPortal, but not a tech dummy.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Sorry for the delay. Work has been a bit hectic.

If changing the settings and the fullscreen xml didn't work then the only other thing I can suggest is to modify the fullscreen xml file so that it also includes the buttons you need. I'd suggest looking at the topbar xml and picking out the sections that you like and adding those to the fullscreen OSD.

The older fullscreen OSDs did have all the buttons, so it may be possible to find a very old version and take the fullscreen OSD xml from there.
    I had a look in my very old back ups, but didn't have a file that could help, sorry.

Otherwise, it really depends on a dev or programmer looking into it.

Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom