Total Newbie Needing Some Direction (2 Viewers)

TonyBergman

August 8, 2021
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All,

I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new.

I tried Kodi but decided against it as it doesn't quite give me the flexibility I need.

I have today installed MP 2.3 with the WMC style GUI to avoid giving "she who must be obeyed" a reason to carry on about changing things too much.

I have installed the the radio streaming plugin and Emulators, which I will finalise later on, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of a tutorial to populate it with games and have it run.

What I did like about Kodi was the torrent downloader which allowed me to stream movies and TV shows from torrent sources. I have seen the ones for MP 1 but there doesn't seem to be one for MP 2. Is there a possibility that either there is one in development or can a downloader for MP 1 work in 2.3?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed the the radio streaming plugin and Emulators, which I will finalise later on, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of a tutorial to populate it with games and have it run.
    Check the Wiki page of the plugin: Emulators

What I did like about Kodi was the torrent downloader which allowed me to stream movies and TV shows from torrent sources. I have seen the ones for MP 1 but there doesn't seem to be one for MP 2. Is there a possibility that either there is one in development or can a downloader for MP 1 work in 2.3?
    I've not used MP1 yet, but nothin like this is existing for MP2 and I'm sure it will also not, because torrent is mostly used for illegal content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom