Touch screen , second TV Suport (1 Viewer)

Brett Aus

January 22, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All
I have put 2 questions on the forum but have had no replies in nearly 2weeks, I own a Jukebox manufacturing company in Australia, I like the look of the software but I have a couple concerns.
We are developing a product with touchscreen operation and I'm looking for a software that will suit our application, but after installing and setting up Media Portal I found that it is not possible to scroll through the movie files in moving pictures or any other media files and playing the movie files on a second tv doesn't seem possible either, even with the MPDisplay++ plugin I am more than happy to donate to this project but will not do so for no result, The other thing that worries me is the time it has taken to get a answer.
Can you please advise if these issues are workable if not we will continue our search for a suitable product.
I look forward to any help you or your colleges can offer but as we wish to release this to the Australian market by the middle of this month I don't have a lot of time spend on this if these two features can't be added.
In short:
1. Be able to play any video files from the video portal and Moving Pictures to a second TV
2 . Be able to scroll down the list of music , Video and movie files with a touchscreen and without the aid of a mouse or keyboard.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome Brett,

Sorry that we missed your previous questions.

#1: Do i understand you correctly that you want the entire MediaPortal UI on screen 1, and when you start playback, the video gets displayed on screen 2 (plasma in this case)? If that's the case, i'm not formiliar with such an option.

#2: I've got a 7" touchscreen in my HTPC case. Unfortunately i never use it (upgrading FW is needed and i have to send the entire touchscreen to Korea for that...). But i have also been looking into the MPDisplay plugin, and when i tested that (looooooong time ago), it had the ability to control the UI from the touchscreen. Also scrolling through lists, starting music, showing equalizer on the touchscreen, etc. were possible at that time. Long time since i looked @ that stuff, so i'd suggest to ask this specific question in the MPDisplay++ forum. I'm sure the plugin developers can answer this question for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom