Touchscreen compatable (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hej, I must say this program looks very promising. The problem is I have a Touchscreen which I use to control the program. And I use overlay to show the movies fullscreen. So I would like to see that movies are shown in small windows or something similar. And the controls like play/pause/stop are on the side. And offcourse all operations essential for the functioning should be done using only the left mouse button!.

Dont know if you could implement this, but you would make me very happy!!!

And searching with IMDB, great feature. Only it would be nice if its search string is customisable. for example I keep all my movies like this:

Z:\DIVX\MOVIE.NAME\file.AVI

The best would be if you can speciffy how to search (and replace . and _ to spaces.)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know someone allready using MP with touch screen.
    But yes, we do need to make MP better for mouse controls.
    Thing was that we focussed on keyboard and remote controll first as thats what the polls result was for most used controlls.

IMDB code allready deletes weird characters and strings like divx, xvid, rip etc. So no need for the user to specify.
    Also, you can search manually. Either by clicking the imdb button or using the refresh button on the movieinfo page accessed by F3. This will both get you an on screen keyboard wich you can custimise the search with when the auto search returned the wrong movie.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    IMDB code allready deletes weird characters and strings like divx, xvid, rip etc. So no need for the user to specify.
    Thats nice. but when I use the search it searches on the filename. I would like it to search the directory name...
    Because most files are like this:
    fico-ld-xvid.avi
    ihq-bmb.avi
    dmd-killbill2-cd1.avi

As one can understand it will not find anything on IMDB. So what i meant was to make it possible to search on the dirname and make the icon of that folder the poster. This because Most movies are with subs and 2 parts. So it is convienent to keep them in a separate folder...

Also, you can search manually. Either by clicking the imdb button or using the refresh button on the movieinfo page accessed by F3. This will both get you an on screen keyboard wich you can custimise the search with when the auto search returned the wrong movie.
    Searching doesnt work yet, I have to type it while I would like to use the screen keyboard. And when I press enter it gives a 2. So it wont search. But this is probably more for bug reporting.

If this is possible it would be nice after entering the directory to show some additional info like what rating the movie has and the small summary... That would be my choice for showing info...

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you can search on the folder allready but not using the mouse. Press F3 while standing on the folder.

So all in all it comes down that you need the better mouse support wich is on the todo list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom