Track Number weirdness. (1 Viewer)

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've imported my 4400 album WMA lossless library.

I'm getting some track number weirdness. The odd album has it's track numbers increased by 100.

Example: AC/DC Back in Black is fine, tracks are 1,2,3,... AC/DC Black Ice is messed up 101,102,103,104,...

It's not skin related, I really think it's a problem in the load database routine. This was happening in both RC3 and now in RC4, both were clean installs and the library was reloaded in both cases.

Any ideas?

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It is, or thinks it is, a double album.

eg
Disc 1 track 1 - 101
Disc 1 track 5 - 105
Disc 2 track 14 - 214

if the albums in question are not doubles, edit the tags for the files and check the "Disc #" field (I think it's that one - if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will say)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nfox is correct. This is how the system should behave.

if you have an album of an artist that consists of 2 CDs and you have the tracks numbering in both albums starting from 1 you have 2 choices:

1. You name the albums: "Albumname (Disc 1)", "Albumname (Disc 2)" or something similar
    2. You Tag both albums "Albumname"

in the second case the titles would appear in Mediaportal:

01 - Title 1 from Disc1
    01 - Title 1 from Disc2
    02 - Title 2 from Disc1
    02 - Title 2 from Disc2

this is weird :)

so we look at the "Position in Mediaset" frame (TPOS in an mp3). Don't know how WMP calls it, but i'm sure you'll find out
    if you tag CD 1 as 1 and CD 2 as 2, those numbers are prefixed.

So when you select this Album, and let's say both CD contain 10 songs each, then you'll get all 20 songs of this album in the correct order.
    Otherwise it#ll not possible.

If you have tagged your Albums, like mentioned in 1 above, then you need to remove the "Position in Mediaset" defintion and then there will be no prefix.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry, it seems that the Zune software just started adding the discnumber tag on it's own. 300+ albums have it all of a sudden. I used mp3tag to nuke them.

Again sorry, that's what I get for trusting the software I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom